\mathcal doesn't render correctly on mobile browsers

Raj Kane

Jan 12, 2023, 1:18:25 AM1/12/23
to MathJax Users
I have some \mathcal typesetting that renders as emojis on mobile browsers. Here is one example.

And here is the result on a mobile browser (tested both Firefox and Safari) on iOS 15.5.

index.jpg

This issue is only present in mobile browsers. Everything renders as expected on desktop.

I include MathJax as

What could be the cause?

Davide Cervone

Jan 14, 2023, 7:55:36 AM1/14/23
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
The version of MathJax being used is v2.7.2, which is quite out of date.  The current version is 3.2.2, and the tests version 2 is 2.7.9, so you might try updating the version in use.

You might also try changing the output render in use.  The configuration file you are loading uses the original HTML-CSS output renderer, which is the oldest and most fragile one available in version 2.  You might try changing to the CHTML or SVG output renderer.

Davide