Render $$\text{N^*}$$error using tex-svG-full-js in Mathjax@3.1.2

Simon zhong

Dec 7, 2020, 6:16:07 AM12/7/20
to MathJax Users
Render $$\text{N^*}$$error using Tex-svg-full-js in Mat...@3.1.2, which was normal in version 3.0.5, but not normal after the update

Davide Cervone

Dec 7, 2020, 10:07:15 AM12/7/20
to mathja...@googlegroups.com

This is because the textmacros extension was added in v3.1, and the -full version includes all the extensions. The textmacros extension processes macros and special characters in text mode (which is not the case without the textmacrosextension), and since ^ is only allowed in math mode, not text mode, this is flagged as an error when the textmacrosextension is in use.

You can disable the textmacros extension using

<script>
MathJax = {
  tex: {
    packages: {'[-]': ['textmacros']}
  }
}
</script>
just before the script that loads tex-svg-full.js.

On Dec 7, 2020, at 6:16 AM, Simon zhong <6493...@qq.com> wrote:

Render $$\text{N^*}$$error using Tex-svg-full-js in Mat...@3.1.2, which was normal in version 3.0.5, but not normal after the update

Message has been deleted

Simon zhong

Dec 7, 2020, 9:15:24 PM12/7/20
to MathJax Users

Since Mat...@3.1.2 includes all the extensions, why add 'TextMacros' by default and remove' TextMacros' if there will be other exceptions? Currently, Mat...@3.1.2 is widely used in the company's business, so I don't want to cause other problems. Please give me more advice

Davide Cervone

Dec 9, 2020, 11:18:30 AM12/9/20
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
See

for the continuation of this discussion on the MathJax issue tracker.

Davide