CDNJS finally gets version 3.0

Davide Cervone

Feb 10, 2020, 12:32:01 PM2/10/20
to mathj...@googlegroups.com
Folks:

It looks like CDNJS has finally processed our request to update their version of MathJax to version 3.0.0 (which we requested back in September last year).

You may recall that we announced an issue that would occur for people using the MathJax/latest.js file to load MathJax in versions 2.7.5 and below when CDNJS moved to version 3.  See the announcement at

and

for details.  The problem was fixe4d in version 2.7.6, but you need to call the latest.js file in the 2.7.6 version or later in order for that to take effect.

If you didn't change to 2.7.6 last summer when the announcement was made, NOW IS THE TIME TO DO IT.  The CDNJS servers will begin picking up version 3.0 within 24 hours, and if you are using latest.js from an earlier version than 2.7.6, your site may no longer load MathJax properly once that occurs.

Alternatively, you could get the latest v2.x version of MathJax via jsdeliver via

rather than using latest.js, since jsdelivr provides that functionality with the mathjax@2 URL.

Davide Cervone
MathJax lead developer