Prove It

Quang-Thai Ngo

Apr 28, 2021, 4:39:27 PM4/28/21
to MathJax Development
Hi,

I think this is a fantastic site to help students: https://feromax.com/cgi-bin/ProveIt.pl?task=presentproof&proofid=000200

I don't see how to code this in html/javascript. Do you think it is easy to do this with Mathjax ?

Thank you for any help.

Davide Cervone

Apr 29, 2021, 10:17:39 AM4/29/21
to mathj...@googlegroups.com
MathJax could be used to display the mathematics in questions like the ones that you link to, but the rest of the infrastructure for asking the question and selecting the lines for the proof is not something MathJax will do.  There may be public frameworks for doing that sort of thing, but it looks like the page includes a relatively small script for doing that.  If you view the page source, you should be able to see the script, and may be able to copy it to your own pages to do something similar.  The page author gives his email address at the bottom of the page.  You might want to contact him to get permission to use the script in your own pages.  he may be able to give you some advice on how to proceed.  The page uses images for the math, but it would be nicer to use MathJax, as the results will be better, and will be accessible to students with screen readers that way.

Davide

Message has been deleted

Davide Cervone

May 1, 2021, 8:42:48 AM5/1/21
to mathj...@googlegroups.com
I don't kown why this works:
But not this one :

I'm sorry, but it is not something on which I can help you further.  The MathJax portion seems to be working, but the rest of the javascript programming is not my responsibility.

You should note, however, that you are using a rather old version of MathJax.  The mathjax.org site was decommissioned in 2017, and only while it forwards to another CDN, it only gets you version 2.7.1.  Since you are developing a new site, I would recommend using MathJax v3, the current version of MathJax.  Note, however, that it has a different method of configuration, so you will have to update that a bit.  Check out the documentation, particularly

for more.

Good luck with the project.

Davide