Re: [Math 2.0] PlayMoolah financial literacy game

Maria Droujkova

May 3, 2012, 8:01:58 AM5/3/12
to mathf...@googlegroups.com, mathgam...@googlegroups.com
Murray,

Thank you for sharing! My only wish is that games like that provided multiple economic models (e.g., gift economies).

Do you think the creators of the game would want to meet with our math game design group for a live chat?

Cheers,
Maria Droujkova
919-388-1721

Make math your own, to make your own math

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 12:52 AM, Murray <murray...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all

Recently I met one of the developers of the financial education game: PlayMoolah.

PlayMoolah recently won at an Innotribe event in Singapore. Forbes has a write-up

It is a commercial product, but you can make use of a 24-hour trial (that's not very long, I know, but it could be good use of a wet Saturday).

You can sign up as "parent" then include your child. The child can go on various adventures which help them to learn how to save, spend and manage money. It's aimed at "ages 6 and up". My impression is it could work best with pre-teens.

This is a new product and they would value your feedback. It could be a good way for kids to learn some very important math!

Regards,
Murray