Re: Re: [Math Game Design] Girls score higher than boys on a game-making rubric

1 view

for...@ozonline.com.au

May 11, 2012, 8:52:17 PM5/11/12
to Maria Droujkova, mathgam...@googlegroups.com
> How about abstract games and puzzles?

Now I am really guessing. Every game has a back story which could be implicit or explicit. Eg. when children play or make Pacman, they create their own back story based on the minimal visual cues. "I am being chased down a corridor by a monster that is trying to eat me". My guess is that the back story tends to differ between boys and girls.

(see Habgood on fantasy http://sag.sagepub.com/content/36/4/483.abstract)

> > (From my gender links http://delicious.com/tonyforster/gender)
> Have you moved to a different software in 2009?

no, last link 2012, last gender link 2009

Tony