Ying and the Magic Turtle: please support a new math story book!

Maria Droujkova

Aug 12, 2019, 7:40:38 AM8/12/19
to mathf...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Ying and the Magic Turtle is a story book for children ages 5 and up to experience mathematics, problems solving, and the rewards that come with perseverance. It is based on the ancient Chinese legends about the magic squares, with lively characters that will appeal to the modern reader. In addition to the story, the book has materials for teachers and parents to explore magic squares with children, and to help children pose their own problems.

YingandtheMagicTurtleFrontCover_400.png

Natural Math is ready to publish the book in November, in time for the winter holiday gifts - and we need your help. There are 11 days left on the book's crowdfunding campaign, with about 70% gathered toward the target goal. If you contribute, you receive the book plus special prizes and your (or your company's) name in the book's dedication pages.

We are very grateful for each and every contribution. Starting at, and including, the $1 level, the contributions do add up and make the book possible. Each contribution is a voice of support on a long and difficult journey from the concept to the finished book. Each is a vote of confidence that warms the hearts of the book's team. Each supporter sparks hope for the future authors who contemplate if they should write a math book one day.

MAGIC-TURTLE-BOOK-MOCK-UP.png

Please let me know if you'd like a review copy of the current draft. I'd appreciate it if you help us spread the word about the book.

Thank you!

Dr. Maria Droujkova
NaturalMath.com
Math is what you make it!