math adventures...

kirby urner

Dec 30, 2018, 7:15:32 AM12/30/18
to mathf...@googlegroups.com

Peter Farrell and I met up this morning, in Portland, Oregon, joined by Peter's brother Steve.

Peter, a subscriber to this group, authored Hacking Math Class with Python awhile back.

Very Pi3 (Raspberry Pi) intensive.

Now comes a more mainstream book:  Math Adventures with Python.

For more information, I refer you to this public archive posting from earlier this morning.

Kirby Urner

Peter Farrell

Dec 31, 2018, 5:23:47 AM12/31/18
to MathFuture
Thanks, Kirby!

It was great seeing you in Portland this week! I have high hopes for the book being an even more user-friendly introduction to creating stunning graphics using math, Python and Processing. Everything a math teacher (or learner) wants to do, can be extended indefinitely using Python and rendered beautifully, dynamically, and interactively using Processing.

Would love to get in front of teachers and/or learners to introduce the topics and "give them a push" towards using technology to supercharge their explorations of math topics.

Any input from the Math Futurists would be appreciated.

Peter Farrell