No Texture or UV Map on importing

simon

May 13, 2012, 2:00:51 PM5/13/12
to matheri...@googlegroups.com
I managed to do a quick test.

i've exported in ply, obj, wml and stl.

when importing any of the formats that it exports there is no texture to use

Chaitanya Nittala

May 13, 2012, 8:03:55 PM5/13/12
to matheri...@googlegroups.com
Simon,

Thanks for trying out 3Dify. The texture is present as vertex color attribute in ply and obj files. The ply, obj and wrl formats work correctly with Meshlab. We are currently working on getting a UV mapped texture.

We suggest to use ply  - which works well in other software that people have tried. Also, please suggest other formats which you are comfortable with, so that we might include the exporters for that format...

Thanks,
Matherix Team.

simon

May 14, 2012, 11:08:31 AM5/14/12
to Matherix 3Dify
Meshlab works. but the color / texture data cannot be exported and
used elsewhere.

On May 14, 8:03 am, Chaitanya Nittala <ch...@matherix.com> wrote:
> Simon,ply didnt work with c4d

Ben Sumner

Dec 18, 2012, 2:13:54 PM12/18/12
to matheri...@googlegroups.com
Is there any known way to convert the vertex colors into textures? Maya seems to support OBJ vertex color but none of the imported models have the color on them when they are imported.

Is there ANY known way to actually use this color in any 3d rendering software (in my case Maya, Blender or 3dsmax would be fine) To date I havent seen anything import the colors from matherix.

I even tried 3d coat which is supposed to have some way of converting vertex color to texture. Same with zbrush. but no luck on either.

Please help. I really need this, and soon!  Thanks for the awesome software and I hope it is still being actively developed.