Kinect not recognized

kenderkin

Jun 24, 2012, 11:15:58 PM6/24/12
to matheri...@googlegroups.com
I know this is a rehash of other forum posts however i wanted to continue to bring itup as it seems unresolved.

I took a fresh PC, windows 7, 8gb ram i5 proc, ati radeon video card
only thing I installed was Matherix.
rebooted after install
plugged in Kinect from Xbox 360

also tried a similar process on 2 other similar workstations.

same error everyone else has been getting:
Cannot Capture from Kinect
Please reconnect Kinect to a working USB port...etc

logfile.txt
0,    DEBUG,    Sun Jun 24 20:06:20 2012,    Kinect opening ...
1,    DEBUG,    Sun Jun 24 20:06:20 2012,    MainWindow::updateUIFromGrabber()
2,    DEBUG,    Sun Jun 24 20:06:20 2012,    done.
3,    ERROR,    Sun Jun 24 20:06:20 2012,    Can not open a capture object.

I have tried all the suggestions on the forums, new drivers etc and still nothing.

Any ideas?
im really excited for this project but i cant get it to work!

S199

Jun 26, 2012, 4:38:10 AM6/26/12
to matheri...@googlegroups.com
i still have the same problem :////
Everything else is working fine (reconstructme, skanect etc)
but i can't install 3dfy ERGHHHHH!
i had to delete all my (working) previous driver and still not working.
very frustrating.

they should update 3dy with more recent drivers :/

kenderkin

Jul 1, 2012, 10:26:26 PM7/1/12
to matheri...@googlegroups.com
OK i got it to work.

basically i manually ripped out all drivers and dll's associated with openni or primesense.  rebooted
installed matherix again with the drivers provided
rebooted
plugged in the usb kinect sensor, plugged in power to kinect snesor
found all 3 devices
finally worked! yay!

now how to improve resolution of scan........