Re: [MW:34022] Abridged summary of materials-welding@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 2 topics

Prakash Kumar Bontra

Feb 19, 2023, 10:00:20 PM2/19/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Some cases while hardness testing if the material required to control the contamination, it’s necessary to use SS material tips or balls on contacting surfaces for Hardness Test equipment.

Regards
Prakash Bontra

On Sat, 18 Feb 2023 at 7:53 AM, <material...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Saravanan Selvakumar <saravanan....@triveniturbines.com>: Feb 16 09:57PM -0800

Hi all,

I did a procedure qualification with a 4" pipe and 150 mm plate in 5F
position, as per ASME Sec IX QW-451.3 he is qualified to weld all base
metal thickness and all diameters.
...more
james gerald <gerr...@yahoo.com>: Feb 18 03:13AM

Yes for welder performance qualification for lower diameters as given in QW-452 shall be qualified.

Thanks & Regards

J.Gerald Jayakumar

On Friday, 17 February, 2023 at ...more
Jenish MISTRY <jenishmi...@gmail.com>: Feb 16 10:40PM -0800

Dear sir ,

I don't think you required different calibration block for CS/SS.

Because if you look at Hardness tester working principal that A hardness
test is performed by pressing a ...more
PKBontra

Vishwas Keskar Welding Manager WELDING

Mar 2, 2023, 12:37:15 AM3/2/23
to Materials & Welding
Hardness testing - The ball sizes/ tips are as per respective Standard ( HRB/BHN/HV).
Normally  contamination due to Hardness testing is not a concerned as this is a very small area.
If contamination is a real concerned, local pickling /passivation shall be carried out using pastes that are available in market .
Same is being followed in Industry

Thanks
Vishwas