AISI 4130 and API 5CT Well Head Casing

Ehab Ahmed

Jun 12, 2019, 1:22:55 AM6/12/19
to Materials & Welding
Dear Sirs,

Pleas help me to Select electrode ? for AISI 4130 (70-75 Ksi) and API 5CT L80 Pipe materials to weld by SMAW.

Using ASME IX Code.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ehab Ahmed

Venkatachalam Govindan

Jun 12, 2019, 11:55:51 AM6/12/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ehab,
  1. E 10018-D2 - Electrode - SMAW
  2. ER 80S-D2 - FIller Wire - GTAW
You can use for SMAW first one.

Best Regards,

Venkat. G

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Venkatachalam Govindan
QHSE Lead / Trainer
(IRCA Registered Lead Auditor & API / CQI Practitioner)
+965 97604989, +919840502376 (
WhatsApp only)

Bien_ND

Jun 18, 2019, 5:59:14 AM6/18/19
to Materials & Welding
A5.5 E11018-M, easy to order.
Cooling rate control is important and PWHT to reduce stress.

Ehab Ahmed

Jul 15, 2019, 5:52:01 AM7/15/19
to Materials & Welding

On Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at 8:22:55 AM UTC+3, Ehab Ahmed wrote:
Dear Sirs,

Pleas help me to Select electrode ? for AISI 4130 (70-75 Ksi) and API 5CT L80 Pipe materials to weld by SMAW.

Using ASME IX Code.  PQR should Meet Requirement according to NACE MR0175

Ehab Ahmed

Jul 15, 2019, 5:53:11 AM7/15/19
to Materials & Welding
Dear Mr. Venkat. G

Thanks for your support and i would like to be inform if selected electrode meet NACE MR-0175 and hardness limited to 23 Max HRC
during my search i found E8018-B2 or E8018-C3 more accurate for H2S or Sure Service.

**Last question if i can use this electrode for Root or i have to select another electrode for pipe Root.

On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 8:22 AM Ehab Ahmed <elpop...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Sirs,

Pleas help me to Select electrode ? for AISI 4130 (70-75 Ksi) and API 5CT L80 Pipe materials to weld by SMAW.

Using ASME IX Code.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ehab Ahmed

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787
---

Bestun Ahmed

Jun 20, 2022, 6:04:57 AM6/20/22
to Materials & Welding
Hello Sirs,
For the same issue Please can you gents Mr. Venkat and Mr. Ehad share the used WPS for this process.

Bestoon Ahmed