Re: Guidance required

Vishwas Keskar

Mar 18, 2023, 5:27:40 AM3/18/23
to P Goswami, material...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot

The PFHT  for conditions prescribed in Code is well received.

I am seeking guidance for Monel cladded ,  SS 304 L  base plate..
This (Monel cladding - 6 mm and SS 304L - 18 mm)needs hot forming due to thickness .
In view of operating conditions (Service temperature and Fibre elongation)PFHT is not required .

Hot forming at 1060 Deg C will be carried out for above plate and head will be formed .
Does Monel require some Annealing or not .? and so the composite plate formed Dished end - head

The Oxygen service  is there at Tube side ( Channel shell and Dish end - head is Monel cladding with SS 304L  as a base plate)
If yes, what will the temperature be ?

that was the query
Thanks once again

Vishwas - IWE

On Fri, Mar 17, 2023 at 6:40 PM P Goswami <pgos...@rogers.com> wrote:

Hello Viishwas,

Please see the attached table for guidance on the temperature to be adopted for PWHT. In addition, please refer the clauses indicated with arrows to check the extent of staring in the formed component and consequently if the component would require any PFHT.

I’m posting this in the forum also, so that any additional guidance may be provided by any other knowledgeable person.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Best Regards.

Pradip Goswami.P.Eng, IWE.

Cell/Whasapp:1-905-9793232