Regarding weld overlay with ECuNi 90/10 with the WPS ECuNi (70/30)

mohit aggarwal

Feb 24, 2023, 4:53:47 AM2/24/23
to Materials & Welding
Dear Experts,

We have equipment of weld overlay with 90/10 CuNi composition, but we have Procedure is only with 70/30 CuNi consumable.

As per QW-404.37 clause our AI asked to requalify the procedure due to change of consumable.

I have query can we do weld overlay of 90/10 with 70/30 consumable or we will have qualify new procedure for the same.

Regards,
Mohit Aggarwal
Welding Engineer

Vishwas Keskar Welding Manager WELDING

Mar 1, 2023, 4:59:43 AM3/1/23
to Materials & Welding
This non ferrous weld metal.
What is the F number of PQR  filler metal?
If PQR filler metal's F number and Production joint filler metal's F number  is same ,then new PQR is not required
Thanks
Vishwas -IWE

james gerald

Mar 1, 2023, 5:22:09 AM3/1/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
I suppose F-No not applicable for overlay. Moreover both come under same F-No.

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Mar 1, 2023, 5:41:47 AM3/1/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
A No is not applicable /Not essential variable as per QW 404.37 for This filler metal. Only F no is essential   New PQR is to be done.
THANKS & BEST REGARDS,
KG.PANDITHAN, BE, IWE,  CSWIP 3.1,
ISO 9712 Level 2 in VT,
ASNT-Level II in PT,MT,RT & UT,
LA ISO 9001-2015,
International Welding Engineer.
CONSULTANT-WELDING & QUALITY
Mobile no: +919940739349

Jenish Mistry

Mar 1, 2023, 5:41:55 AM3/1/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear sir ,

I think dilution rate for both consumable is different because weight percentage of chemical composition is different .

So that, Min. weld overlay qualification thickness for required weld overlay composition may be vary due to the dilution rate.

So that,I think you should go for PQR qualification for min. Weld overlay qualification thickness for required weld Composition.

On Wed, Mar 1, 2023 at 3:29 PM Vishwas Keskar Welding Manager WELDING <vvkes...@gmail.com> wrote:

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Mar 1, 2023, 5:55:21 AM3/1/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
No A no, F no is same, No New PQR

THANKS & BEST REGARDS,
KG.PANDITHAN, BE, IWE,  CSWIP 3.1,
ISO 9712 Level 2 in VT,
ASNT-Level II in PT,MT,RT & UT,
LA ISO 9001-2015,
International Welding Engineer.
CONSULTANT-WELDING & QUALITY
Mobile no: +919940739349

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Mar 1, 2023, 5:55:29 AM3/1/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
As per QW 404.37, A no is not essential /Not applicable for this Non ferrous  Filler metal. Only F no is essential, which is  F34  which comprise 90/10, 70/30 also as per SFA 5.7.
 So No New PQR is required.

THANKS & BEST REGARDS,
KG.PANDITHAN, BE, IWE,  CSWIP 3.1,
ISO 9712 Level 2 in VT,
ASNT-Level II in PT,MT,RT & UT,
LA ISO 9001-2015,
International Welding Engineer.
CONSULTANT-WELDING & QUALITY
Mobile no: +919940739349

On Wed, Mar 1, 2023 at 3:29 PM Vishwas Keskar Welding Manager WELDING <vvkes...@gmail.com> wrote:

james gerald

Mar 1, 2023, 5:55:31 AM3/1/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
There are certain points to be considered.

1. It is only clad restoration or weld overlay of entire vessel. In the later case discuss with your process engineer / Materials engineer for its suitabiity for corrosion point of view. In the former case discuss with your corrosion engineer / materials engineer for the possibility of Galvanic corrosion.
2. ASME Sec.IX code wise no restriction.

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Mar 1, 2023, 10:11:51 PM3/1/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
correction, NO NEW PQR required

THANKS & BEST REGARDS,
KG.PANDITHAN, BE, IWE,  CSWIP 3.1,
ISO 9712 Level 2 in VT,
ASNT-Level II in PT,MT,RT & UT,
LA ISO 9001-2015,
International Welding Engineer.
CONSULTANT-WELDING & QUALITY
Mobile no: +919940739349

james gerald

Mar 2, 2023, 9:44:36 PM3/2/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
Pls find below the snapshot of using 70/30 CuNi for welding 90/10 CuNi

Inline image

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Mar 3, 2023, 12:08:20 AM3/3/23
to material...@googlegroups.com
Question is whether to do new pqr or not as per QW404.37, which is demanded by AI, But as per Code, no new PQR requirement.