minutes

Mike Mooney

Jun 16, 2014, 10:04:29 AM6/16/14
to matc-sheet-metal-appren...@googlegroups.com

Lori

I have reviewed the minutes and would like to recommend a few changes. On the first page showing the attendance, Nicole’s last name is Zilles, not Phillips. Under the ECAM report, I believe that Johnson Controls stated that they wanted to send their employees to MATC and use the ECAM building. I don’t believe they have an apprenticeship program. Please let me know if they do? Under Item 9, we had a motion to remove the forging / machine setters from the SOC-CIP code, but I don’t recall removing anything with metal & plastic. I thought those were staying in because of our sign industry.

Thanks

Michael Mooney

Financial Secretary - Treasurer

Sheet Metal Workers' Local #18

mmo...@smwlu18.org

262-798-1818  ext.114

cid:part3.03080204.08080501@burtonmayer.com

hai...@matc.edu

Jun 20, 2014, 3:41:01 PM6/20/14
to matc-sheet-metal-appren...@googlegroups.com, mmo...@smwlu18.org, Nicholas Triscari
Mike,
 I will change Nicole's last name to Zilles.  Thank you.

 I just listened to the minutes on the recorder under item 9.  The committee decided to remove the whole line, not just forging.  Metal and plastic is covered in 9 other titles we are keeping in.  so metal and plastic is in.   (so in other words, we deleted the line, "51-4022 Forging Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic" but metal and plastic is in many of the other work titles, so metal and plastic it is not eliminated.)  If you need me to explain better please call me at 414-571-4714.

I talked with Nick about Johnson Control apprentices coming to MATC.  The electrician apprentices come here and that is what they were referring to.

Thank you for your comments.
Sincerely,
Lori