AzureServiceBus DeadLetter with ConfigureEndpoints

Flo...@lucrasoft.nl

Dec 2, 2020, 6:07:10 AM12/2/20
to masstransit-discuss
Hi everyone,

Is there a way to call 'ConfigureDeadLetterQueueDeadLetterTransport()' when using the ConfigureEndpoints() method? This was possible when configuring the endpoints by hand, but with the ConfigureEndpoints() method I can't find how to do that.

I'm using MassTransit in combination with Azure Service Bus and want to configure the dead letter and skipped messages queues. Out of the box MassTransit creates _skipped and _error queues, but Azure Service Bus has this built in.

I'm using the ConfigureEndpoints() method:

Cheers,
Floris

Flo...@lucrasoft.nl

Dec 2, 2020, 6:08:03 AM12/2/20
to masstransit-discuss
Should've been a picture there

Flo...@lucrasoft.nl

Dec 2, 2020, 6:08:51 AM12/2/20
to masstransit-discuss
ConfigureEndpoints.png

Chris Patterson

Dec 2, 2020, 9:01:55 AM12/2/20
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
When using ConfigureEndpoints, you can use consumer, saga, or activity definitions to customize the receive endpoint configuration. Add the definitions with the consumers during configuration, and they will be used to configure the endpoints.

Flo...@lucrasoft.nl

Dec 2, 2020, 9:50:53 AM12/2/20
to masstransit-discuss
Hi Chris,

Thnx!
Do I need to have a definition for each individual consumer? I was hoping for some global configuration for the DeadLetter options

Chris Patterson

Dec 2, 2020, 9:58:53 AM12/2/20
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
Yes, one for each consumer (though you could create a generic definition and use it for each consumer).

Or you could use an IEndpointConfigurationObserver to configure each receive endpoint as it is configured.

Flo...@lucrasoft.nl

Dec 9, 2020, 2:28:00 AM12/9/20
to masstransit-discuss
Awesome! That worked like a charm!