MT3 api changes and MT3 status

Brian Weeres

Mar 18, 2015, 5:48:42 PM3/18/15
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
Are the MT3 public API changes mostly finished with the 3.02 alpha or are there significant changes to come? (RabbitMQ related changes are all we are really concerned about.) We have a a fairly large wrapper library around MT2 that we are looking at using in a production app in the fall. We are considering upgrading it to MT3 and using that to deploy in the fall instead but it will take some work to update it to MT3. Trying to decide if we should stick with MT2 or move to MT3 now with the hope MT3 itself is near production ready around September time frame and the public API won't change much from now until then.

Thanks.

Chris Patterson

Mar 18, 2015, 6:37:17 PM3/18/15
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
Most of the API changes are complete with the latest (3.0.2) alpha. The middleware configuration bits (for things like retry, logging, filtering, transactions, etc.) are mostly done but that's new functionality anyway.

The pipeline bits are done, there should be nearly no churn on them at all at this point.

Also, Automatonymous is fully baked with 3.0.2 so the state machine should be completely integrated by now.

I expect MT3 to be GA by May/June.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 2:48 PM, Brian Weeres <bwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Are the MT3 public API changes mostly finished with the 3.02 alpha or are there significant changes to come? (RabbitMQ related changes are all we are really concerned about.) We have a a fairly large wrapper library around MT2 that we are looking at using in a production app in the fall. We are considering upgrading it to MT3 and using that to deploy in the fall instead but it will take some work to update it to MT3. Trying to decide if we should stick with MT2 or move to MT3 now with the hope MT3 itself is near production ready around September time frame and the public API won't change much from now until then.

Thanks.

Brian Weeres

Mar 19, 2015, 9:21:19 AM3/19/15
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
Terrific news. Thanks so much for the quick reply and the information.

Marko Lahma

Mar 19, 2015, 2:50:32 PM3/19/15
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com

Will the new RabbitMQ .NET client 3.5.0 with backward-incompatible AP changesI be included to test out possible usage problems?

Cheers,

-Marko

Chris Patterson

Mar 19, 2015, 2:53:19 PM3/19/15
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
I always try to keep MT current with the latest RabbitMQ client, but it's never recommended to use a version newer than the one linked with the MT transport because they've broken APIs several times in the past.

The dependency and build stack has been significantly flattened with MT3, making it so there are fewer builds to update with an updated dependency. So it should be must easier to quickly update dependent packages and release, versus MT2 which required many other packages to be built after MT to keep everything updated.

faze...@free.fr

Mar 20, 2015, 2:03:39 PM3/20/15
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
FYI I just experienced RabbitMQ.Client 3.5.0 (thank you nugget !) and it definitely does NOT work with the current MT3 version from nugget....