Define Azure Service Bus Queue properties

beda

Feb 19, 2019, 1:10:27 AM2/19/19
to masstransit-discuss
Hi,

I have simple sender application which uses Send() to send messages to Azure Service Bus Queue. Queue into which messages are send is configured with EndpointConvention.Map<T>.

How do I configure Queue properties (QueueDescription) in this case? Queue is created when first message is send with default properties. But I cant find the place where to configure it (MaxSizeInMegabytes, etc...).

Thanks,
beda

Chris Patterson

Feb 19, 2019, 11:58:55 AM2/19/19
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
Those are only configured using the .ReceiveEndpoint() configuration, which configures the consumer. They cannot be configured by the sender.

beda

Feb 20, 2019, 1:21:42 AM2/20/19
to masstransit-discuss
Ok, thanks. I was expecting same behavior with Send() as it behaves with Publish(). New Topic can be configured in CreateUsingAzureServiceBus using this:

cfg.Publish<T>(c =>
{
  c.MaxSizeInMB = 5120;
});

and this configuration is used when first message is published to not existing Topic. So why not configure New Queue when first message is send to not existing Queue using this:

cfg.Send<T>(c =>
{
  c.MaxSizeInMB = 5120;
});