Masstransit + RabbitMq : Global Qos usable ?

Pierre Seillé

Nov 21, 2019, 3:38:58 AM11/21/19
to masstransit-discuss
Hi there,

I'm using MT with RabbitMq in a multi-tenant distributed application (.Net core, tenants on different queues with the same vhost). My consumer listen to each tenant queue for the same type of message.

So in my service, i actually have :

- 1 bus control
- n receive endpoint (1 per queue)
- 1 consumer class (IConsumer<MyMessageType)

On the RabbitMq side, MT opens :

- 1 connection (1 per buscontrol ?)
- n channel (1 per receive endpoint => 1 per queue)

I wanted to use the RabbitMq global Qos to avoid overloading my service, but it applies on a channel (and not on a connection). So i wanted to know if it's possible with MT to shared a channel across the different receive endpoint ?

Thanks for your time :)

Pierre

Chris Patterson

Nov 21, 2019, 12:10:34 PM11/21/19
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
MassTransit uses a single channel for each receive endpoint. You can configure the QOS value of each consumer using the .PrefetchCount property of the receive endpoint configurator.