file format to import peak position in Quantification

newcomer

Jul 3, 2012, 1:58:20 AM7/3/12
to Mass++
Hi,

I would like to investigate the peak intensity for the sepcific m/z in
many spectra. So I selected the menu 'Processing - Quantification' and
then selected the list 'Import from file' in field 'Peak Positions' in
the tag 'Get Peak Positions'. What should I write in the imported
file? Please show me the example.

regards,

satstnka

Jul 4, 2012, 1:11:57 AM7/4/12
to masspl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

 I'm Satoshi Tanaka, one of Mass++ developer.

 The file format to import into peak matrix is
CSV (Comma Separated Values) or tab separated values
file.

 You can export such a file on Excel.   (*.csv or *.txt)
The first column is RT and the second column is m/z.
If [Read Charge] in the Import Peak Positions dialog is checked,
the third column is charge.
 If you use tab separated values file (*.txt),
you should set "Tab [ ]" as a [Separator],
otherwise you should set "Comma [ , ]" as a [Separator].

 In addition you can add additional  information.
Appended Column 0 - Appended Column 7 means
addition columns.
 Appended Column 0 is third (if not reading charge) or fourth (if reading charge)
column in the text file
 Appended Column 1 is fourth (if not reading charge) or fifth (if reading charge)
column...

 The attached file is example.
In this case, charge is not described so [Read Charge] in the Import Peak Positions
dialog should be unchecked.
 If you want to p-value into the peak matrix, input column name in the Appended Column 0 and
set DataType "Real Number".
 If you want to Group into the peak matrix, input column name in the Appended Column 1 and
set DataType "Text".

regards,

--
Satoshi Tanaka.