Parameters for Identification in Batch Processing

newcomer

May 28, 2012, 5:30:16 AM5/28/12
to masspl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I want to conduct the DB search for many files. So I tried the batch processing in Mass++.
I selected the menu "Tools-Batch processing" and the action "Identification".
Then the parameter dialog was appeared. But I don't know how "Database", "Taxnomy" and "Database files" are set. Are these parameters independent of MASCOT?
Please show me the example.
regards,

satstnka

May 30, 2012, 10:41:37 PM5/30/12
to Mass++
Hi,

Now, Mass++ supports only Mascot for identification,
but it designed for supporting multiple search engines.

You should input character string which is available in selected
search engine
to [Database], [Taxonomy] and [Database Files].

Examples:
[Database] SwissProt
[Taxonomy] All Entries ( Dots "." can be omitted. e.g.,
"....Fungi" -> "Fungi")
[Database Files] (Unnecessary when the Mascot is selected.)

If you execute identification using [Tools] > [Mascot] >
[Identification]
or [Tools] > [Mascot] > [Comparative Identification],
previous parameters are already set in the Batch Processing.

regards,

--
Satoshi Tanaka