VFP FUNDRAISER

Dan Higgins

Nov 5, 2017, 9:11:32 AM11/5/17
to Lambert, Samantha, Donna Admirand, PAULA BAKER, barry brodsky, Bennett, Dianne, Barry Brodsky, CINDY BROWN, MELANIE BUTLER, Carney, Rich, charli...@umb.edu, Michelle Ciccolo, dave collins, Annette Donahue, Shawn Donahue, occupy new england, Matt Gada, megan gregory, Christine Higgins, JOE HIGGINS, MaryANNE Higgins, MIKE HIGGINS, MOE HIGGINS, Tim Higgins, occupy the hood, lb peace institute, Occupy JP, mothers for justice, kate....@sangercenter.org, liz londergan, massoccupy, Dan Mcandrew, Megan Kilar, hillary moll, occupyquincy, paul....@umb.edu, jewish voice for peace, rob...@americanswhotellthetruth.org, jim rooney, Laura Rooney, Rooney, Rita, ruthe...@yahoo.com, Occupy Salem, Shauna Lee Manning, Mary T Slayter, judy smith, peace team, The House of Peace, Margie Del Tufo, Velickovic, Petar, Christine Walker, wars, jobs, weiner, Travis vfp, heather Yunger, Peter Yunger

JOIN US FOR OUR ANNUAL FUNDRAISER AND PARTY. GOOD FOOD, GOOD MUSIC AND RAFFLE PRIZES.

IF YOU CANNOT MAKE IT, YOU CAN DONATE.

October 12, 2017

Dear local restaurant or business,

Every year our local chapter of Veterans For Peace, the Smedley D. Butler Brigade, Chapter 9 has a small fundraiser. As part of this event we have a raffle and we certainly hope your restaurant or business will assist Veterans For Peace by contributing a gift certificate or other gift to our raffle this year. The fundraiser will take place November 16 at the Thunder Road Music Club in Somerville.

There are about 200 veterans affiliated with our chapter who have served in wars ranging from WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Gulf War, Iraq and Afghanistan. Our members come from communities from throughout the greater Boston area. As our name implies, we do everything we possibly can to bring a halt to our country’s seemingly endless wars. We educate the public about the root causes of war, our bloated military budget and the profiteering of the military-industrial complex. We work to bring the troops home, and, of course remember those who didn’t make it. We conduct a solemn Memorial Day event every year, and we march in several parades including Armistice / Veterans Day. We support our Muslim comrades and let people know that ISIS and Islam do not equate. We support the Veterans Health Administration and are trying to keep our health care from being privatized. We also work on climate change and the imperative to “stop the war$ on mother earth.”

Veterans For Peace is a national organization founded in 1985. Headquartered in Saint Louis, there are 130 chapters and over 4,000 members across the country. As veterans who have dutifully served our country we affirm our greater responsibility to serve the cause of world peace. Our collective experience tells us wars are easy to start and hard to stop and that those hurt are often the innocent. Thus, other means of problem solving and conflict resolution are necessary.

We are a 501 (C) (3) non-profit and all donations are tax deductible.
Our IRS Tax exempt number: F01-0415961.
Any donation to our fundraiser would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Jeff Brummer, Treasurer
VFP Chapter 9, Smedley Butler Brigade
(617) 721-5689
jsbrum...@gmail.com

Veterans For Peace P.O. Box 320683, Boston, MA 02132

Thunder Road flyer - 2017 docx 2.jpg