Fwd: Join us at Lights For Liberty Tonight and Action for Immigrant Lives Tomorrow!

Dan Higgins

Jul 12, 2019, 11:18:35 AM7/12/19
to Sandy Eaton, Samantha Lambert, Donna Admirand, barry brodsky, Dianne Bennett, Kevin Bowen, Brian Quirk, MELANIE BUTLER, Rich Carney, charli...@umb.edu, Chinese Progressive Ass., Chung Nguyen, Michelle Ciccolo, Annette Donahue, Shawn Donahue, megan gregory, Alyson Hayes, Christine Higgins, Damien Higgins, MaryANNE Higgins, Higgins, Tim, lb institute, Occupy JP, mothers justice, jvpb...@gmail.com, Tom Kane, Katherine Walker, Mary Ann Higgins, massac...@poorpeoplescampaign.org, massoccupy, Megan Kilar, hillary moll, Nicole Waybright, paul....@umb.edu, jewish peace, rachel...@umb.edu, jim rooney, Laura Rooney, Rita Rooney, Occupy Salem, saman...@yahoogroups.com, Shauna Lee Manning, Mary Slayter, smedley...@googlegroups.com, carol smith, judy smith, south...@verizon.net, peace team, The House of Peace, tom.go...@umb.edu, tony.va...@umb.edu, Margie Tufo

If you cannot make it to Boston tonight, here is a list of participating cities in the state

Massachusetts Peace Action Email ---------- Original Message ----------
From: "Brian Garvey, Massachusetts Peace Action" <in...@masspeaceaction.org>
To: Daniel Higgins <de...@comcast.net>
Date: July 12, 2019 at 10:07 AM
Subject: Join us at Lights For Liberty Tonight and Action for Immigrant Lives Tomorrow!

Dear Daniel,
Lights for Liberty - Action for Immigrant Lives

On Friday July 12th, 2019, Lights for Liberty: A Vigil to End Human Concentration Camps, will bring thousands of people to locations worldwide as well as to concentration camps across the country, into the streets and into their own front yards, to protest the inhumane conditions faced by migrants.  It now has 753 worldwide vigils scheduled.

We stand with all who object to this administration's criminalization of Black and brown people in detention camps. All people are equally deserving of respect. Asylum is a human right.

In Boston, join Massachusetts Peace Action on the steps of the State House tonight from 7-9 pm as we participate in Boston Lights for Liberty. Look for the Mass. Peace Action Banner, on the right when facing the State House.  By standing together we can show how strongly the peace movement supports this event, and highlight the connection between US foreign policy decisions and the refugee crisis they have helped to create. Anyone who would like to gather the make signs is welcome at the Mass. Peace Action office at 11 Garden St. in Cambridge starting at 2 PM today. Give us a call at 617-354-2169 or email at In...@masspeaceaction.org to let us know you're coming.

See below for more Lights for Liberty events across Massachusetts.

Then, attend Action for Immigrant Lives, a teach-in and organizing event, this Saturday July 13th from 10 AM to 2:30 PM at 138 Tremont Street in Boston.

Massachusetts Peace Action is working to form a Latin America/ Immigrant Rights Working Group. We seek to foreground the constant U.S. interventions in Latin America which are a main cause of the refugee crisis.  Can you help? The group will meet in late afternoon, Monday June 15th in Cambridge; it's possible to participate by phone. To join us, please reply at in...@masspeaceaction.org or call 617-354-2169.

What's Next after the Mayfair Walkout?  Organizers of the June 26 walkout, which was supported by 500 Mayfair employees and called for the company not to sell furniture to a federal detention facility for child migrants, will talk about the next steps in a corporate campaign.  Wednesday, July 24, 7pm at Harvard-Epworth United Methodist Church, 1555 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge.  Sponsored by Boston DSA and Massachusetts Peace Action.

Venezuela embassyWhither Venezuela After Failure of the Coup?   Kevin Zeese and Marilyn Flowers, members of the Venezuela Embassy Protection Collective, will discuss their experiences at a talk at First Parish Cambridge, 3 Church Street, Sunday July 28th from 6-8 PM.   Sponsored by the Venezuela Solidarity Committee, cosponsored by Mass. Peace Action and United for Justice with Peace.

If you can't make it to Boston tonight, join these other Lights for Liberty events across Massachusetts:

MA - ANDOVER

MA - BEDFORD

MA - BEVERLY

MA - BOSTON

MA - BREWSTER

MA - CAMBRIDGE

MA - CHATHAM

MA - DENNIS

MA - EASTHAM

MA - EDGARTOWN

MA - GREAT BARRINGTON

MA - HARWICH

MA - HINGHAM

MA - FALMOUTH

MA - FRAMINGHAM - MEMORIAL BUILDING

MA - GREENFIELD

MA- GREENFIELD - FRANKLIN COUNTY JAIL AND DETENTION CENTER

MA - HYANNIS

MA - HUDSON

MA - LEOMINSTER

MA - LEXINGTON

MA - NANTUCKET

MA - NATICK

MA - NEEDHAM

MA - NEW BEDFORD

MA - NEWBURYPORT

MA - NEWTON

MA - ORLEANS

MA - PITTSFIELD - PARK SQUARE HISTORIC DISTRICT

MA - PLYMOUTH

MA - PROVINCETOWN

MA - READING

MA - SALEM - CONGRESSMAN MOULTON’S DISTRICT OFFICE

MA - SHUTESBURY

MA - SOUTH DEERFIELD

MA - WALPOLE -  Walpole Common, the corner of Common and Main Streets, 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM

MA - WELLFLEET

MA - WESTFORD

MA - WORCESTER

Yours for peace and justice,

Brian Garvey
Organizer

Visit our website to learn more about joining the organization or donating to Massachusetts Peace Action!

We thank you for the financial support that makes this work possible.

Massachusetts Peace Action, 11 Garden St., Cambridge, MA 02138
in...@masspeaceaction.org • Follow us on Facebook or Twitter

Massachusetts Peace Action Email

To remove yourself from our email list, click here to unsubscribe