Wade Institute's 2021 Summer Professional Development Institutes

Amanda Noble

Apr 19, 2021, 1:02:03 PM4/19/21
to mass...@googlegroups.com

Announcing our 2021 Summer Professional Development Institutes!

Explore hands-on, minds-on, inquiry-based investigations and increase your STEM content knowledge during our virtual 2021 Summer Professional Development Institutes! Connect with scientists, engineers, and STEM professionals through live discussions and virtual site visits. Work with educators at our partner institutions to explore real-world phenomena through hands-on, minds-on investigations. Explore how to use these investigations with your students both in the classroom and remotely. Earn PDPs and optional graduate credits. Receive a toolkit containing materials to enable you to complete the inquiry-based, minds-on, hands-on investigations introduced during the course. As an added bonus, you will be invited to participate in optional field sessions with our partners during the 2021-2022 school year. All courses include 5 virtual sessions plus 15 hours of online learning.

Seasons and Cycles: How Weather Affects Us and How We Affect the Weather

Virtual Professional Development Institute for Grades 3-8 Educators

Dates: Virtual Sessions June 21st – 25th

Partners: Blue Hill Observatory & Science Center, The Ecotarium, GLOBE Mission Earth (Boston University)

My Soda Bottle Ended Up Where? Exploring Plastic Problems and Solutions

Virtual Professional Development Institute for Grades 6-12 Educators

Dates: Virtual Sessions July 19th – 23rd

Partners: Beyond Benign, Salem Sound Coastwatch, wTe Corporation

How Does Your Dinner Grow? Exploring Connections Between Food Production and Sustainability

Virtual Professional Development Institute for Grades 6-12 Educators

Dates: Virtual Sessions July 7th, 9th, 12th, 14th & 16th

Partners: Shelburne Farms, Massachusetts Farm to School

Landscapes on the Move: Investigating Geologic Formations and Processes

Virtual Professional Development Institute for Grades 3-8 Educators

Dates: Virtual Sessions July 7th, 8th, 13th, 14th & 15th

Partners: Cape Cod Museum of Natural History, Lloyd Center for the Environment, Center for Coastal Studies Provincetown, Cape Cod Learning Tours

Institutes provide an opportunity for you to increase your skills using phenomena-based inquiry investigations in the classroom and in synchronous and asynchronous remote settings. Learn more about each institute and register online at https://www.wadeinstitutema.org/spdi-k12!

Amanda Noble

Apr 29, 2021, 11:57:52 AM4/29/21
to mass...@googlegroups.com