Registration is now open for the Wade Institute's 2021 Professional Development Programs!

Amanda Noble

Dec 17, 2020, 2:15:32 PM12/17/20
to mass...@googlegroups.com

Wade Institute for Science Education

2021 Professional Development Programs

Integrating Inquiry and Literacy in the Elementary Science Classroom

Remote Professional Development Institute for Grades K-2 Educators

Full course dates: January 8 – March 7, 2021

How can you integrate science and literacy learning through the use of inquiry-based learning practices remotely or in the classroom? Learn how literacy strategies can strengthen science teaching and science inquiry methods can strengthen literacy strategies as you investigate how to use inquiry and the Science and Engineering Practices to deepen students’ understanding of both science concepts and literacy strategies.

Our Climate, Our Communities: Science, Systems, and Solutions

Remote Professional Development Institute for Grades 6-12 Educators

Full course dates: February 21 - May 23, 2021

How can you prepare your students to engage with the complex concepts and rapidly developing issues related to climate change? Engage in climate and energy investigations, talk directly with scientists and engineers, explore your own local resources, and develop units and investigations you can use in your classroom during this hybrid course. You will participate in live virtual sessions combined with asynchronous online learning. Leave the course with tools and resources for integrating climate change concepts into your instruction and the confidence to engage your students in active discussion, sense-making, and problem solving around challenging and dynamic topics of climate change.

Making Place-Based Learning Phenomenal

Remote Professional Development Institute for Grades 4-12 Educators

Full course dates: February 26 – May 2, 2021

How can you tap students’ natural curiosity to engage them in science? Inspire them to investigate their world by using place-based learning practices! Join us and our partners Manomet, Inc. and Atlantic White Shark Conservancy for a Professional Development Institute that will prove inquiry-based science learning can be phenomenal both in the socially distanced and remote classrooms!

Science Inquiry During Remote Learning: Engaging Students in the Science and Engineering Practices

Remote Focus Workshop for Grades 3-8 Educators

Dates: January 21, 2 8 & February 4, 11, 2021

Need more grade-specific hands-on, minds-on investigations that meet the MA Science, Technology and Engineering Standard? During our remote 4-session Focus Workshop, investigate strategies, tools and methodology for teaching science in combined remote/virtual settings as well as in the hybrid classroom. Develop a toolkit of resources and lesson plans to use with your students, and gain hands-on experience participating in inquiry-based activities using a kit of materials provided to you. Join us as we explore what the Science and Engineering Practices look like in the remote classroom!

These courses will be offered remotely and will include a materials kit designed for the inquiry-based, hands on investigations during the course. Learn more about all our programs and register online at www.wadeinstitutema.org.