REGISTER TODAY FOR THE MEES ANNUAL CONFERENCE!

Holly Hannaway

Jan 18, 2023, 12:33:13 PM1/18/23
to mass...@googlegroups.com

MEES-CONFERENCE-REGISTION-OPEN.png

Dear friends of MEES,

We are excited to announce that registration is now open for our March 8, 2023 conference. Please see below for information and links to the conference information and registration.And, we would love it if you would share the announcement with your network via email and/or social media.

Many thanks,
Holly Hannaway and the MEES Conference Committee

MEES ANNUAL CONFERENCE MARCH 8, 2023

Wellness Walks: A partnership approach to facilitating mental health programming; Mining for Chocolate; Sensory-Friendly Programming: Making programs accessible to neurodiversity audiences; Leveraging your Classroom as Living Lab for Sustainability and Green Infrastructure. . .

These are just some of the titles from the 40+ conference workshop proposals MEES received from our awesome environmental education network. The MEES Board has assembled an amazing conference lineup and keynote speaker. We can't wait to gather in-person on Wednesday, March 8th. Please visit the MEES website for the full conference line-up, registration, and conference details.

MEES CONFERENCE KEYNOTE:

PERRY COHEN & THE VENTURE OUT PROJECT

Ta-da! MEES is thrilled to announce Perry Cohen, Executive Director and Instructor from The Venture Out Project, as the MEES Conference keynote speaker. Perry Cohen realized a lifelong dream of combining his love of the outdoors, his commitment to social justice, his own identity, and his professional life when he founded The Venture Out Project, Basecamp at Beaver Falls, and Transhealth Northampton.

The Venture Out Project envisions a world where queer, trans, and LGBTQ+ youth and adults create community, develop leadership skills, and gain confidence through the shared experience of outdoor adventure and physical activity.

MORE ABOUT PERRY COHEN & THE VENTURE OUT PROJECT

About The Massachusetts Environmental Education Society

The Massachusetts Environmental Education Society (MEES) is dedicated to the promotion, preservation, and improvement of environmental education across the state. The organization was established in 1977 by Chuck Roth – a biology teacher and passionate naturalist – nationally acclaimed as the “father of environmental literacy.” Our diverse membership includes all environmental organizations or individuals that are educating on behalf of the environment. MEES is comprised of a volunteer Board of Directors that meets monthly to plan the annual conference, manage communications, and work to bring information and programs to the EE community. MEES serves as an affiliate member of the North American Association for Environmental Education.

Holly Hannaway (She/Her)
Outreach Coordinator
STAY IN TOUCH!
Get EE updates - Join our eNews
Connect with EE professionals - Join our email Listserv
Stay Social - Follow us on FacebookInstagram and LinkedIn