NAAEE: eeNEWS for February 25, 2021

Liz Ellsworth

Feb 25, 2021, 8:35:27 AM2/25/21
to mass...@googlegroups.com
So many great resources in the NAAEE Newsletter below!

eeNEWS: The latest news, resources, and opportunities in the ee community Email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.
eeNEWS

The latest news, resources, and opportunities in the EE community

Subscribe  |  Join NAAEE
eePRO Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Instgram YouTube

NAAEE Welcomes Five New Board Members!

NAAEE is excited to announce that five new members have joined our board of directors. Our board members play a critical role as we work to build healthier and more sustainable communities through the power of education. Read the press release to learn more.

Happy 5th Birthday, eePRO!

This January marked the fifth anniversary of NAAEE’s eePRO platform, the free community hub for environmental education professionals! We’re celebrating five years of advancing EE through a platform to network and engage with peers, share and find relevant resources, learn about grant opportunities, search for professional development opportunities, and more.

Read more >

girl drawing chart of town

eePROpel: Maureen Ferry Connects with Schools Around the World Through eePRO

As part of the fifth anniversary of the launch of eePRO, NAAEE is featuring environmental education professionals who have used the platform to connect, collaborate, and learn. Our first story focuses on Maureen Ferry, creator and founder of HouseStories, which seeks to engage youth with the built environment and provide tools to help them design a better future.

Read more >

Glistening fresh snow. Tall trees, with tin buckets hung to collect maple sap. Camera angle is looking up towards the sky.

Pennsylvania: Healthy Roots and Sweet Maple Sap

During Black History Month, we are sharing the inspiration and strength of regional, place-based initiatives that address Black history in nature and relate to this year’s theme, "The Black Family: Representation, Identity, and Diversity." The first blog post in this series takes us to Pennsylvania.

Read more >

Cover of the Every Kid, Every Day, Every Way PDF from EENM

EE of New Mexico Releases "Every Kid, Every Day, Every Way"

EENM has released "Every Kid, Every Day, Every Way," a framework for systemic change to support equitable daily access to the outdoors and environmental learning in New Mexico. This shared vision and strategy is the first of its kind in the country.

Read more >

Socially-distanced, masked planning session between partners Tyler Twyford, Penelope Gorman (James River Park System), and Meredeth Dash from the Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay.

Training Teachers to Bring the Outside In

Watershed STEM Grantees share stories about how they implement their projects, adapt to challenges, and work collaboratively towards a blue planet in the eeBLUE: Watershed Chronicles blog. This month, we explore how the Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay is supporting teachers as they continue to adapt programming during COVID-19.

Read more >

Trash Hack: Action Learning for Sustainable Development

The Trash Hack Campaign is a global call to action by the UNESCO Associated Schools Network and the Foundation for Environmental Education for managing the problem of waste.

Read more >

Webinar: Critical Questions for Program Design During COVID-19

Feb 25, 3:00 to 4:00 PM ET - Join Youth Outside for this eeINSPIRE webinar to discuss the importance of asking critical questions related to race, equity, and inclusion as we envision programs that connects people to the environment during these evolving times.

Learn more >

Get Inspired All Over Again

The conference video highlights some of our special events and speakers and is a great reminder of the success of NAAEE 2020! Information on NAAEE 2021 will be coming soon.

Watch now

Justice, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion Resources

View lists of resources curated by NAAEE and partners to help you continue your work to inspire change in the field of EE and create a more just and sustainable future for all.

More >

From the eePRO Community

  LEARNING

Professional Development

World Bank–UNEP Webinar: Connecting Sustainable Energy Businesses with Education

STEAM-Based Learning: Building Renewable Energy Technologies

Tell the Economic Story of Your Farmland Protection and Food System Programs

Network Climate Action: Scaling Up Your Impact

Urban Ecology Center Institute Online Intensive

The Mind and Life Summer Research Institute

More >

  OPPORTUNITIES

Grants, Contests, Publishing

EU Climate Adaptation Strategy

Terra.do Climate Tech Jobs Fair

STEM Writing Contest

#kids2030 Challenge

National Environmental Justice Public Engagement Call

2021 Recycle Regatta

Mid-Atlantic Climate Change Education Conference

2nd Actionable Science for Urban Sustainability Unconference

Conservation Education Conference on Virtual Learning

Imagine 2200: Grist's Climate-Fiction Short Story Contest

Climate Generation's Summer Institute

Endangered Species Day

More >

  RESOURCES

For Students and Educators

Nonformal Environmental Education Programs: Guidelines for Excellence

Early Childhood Environmental Education Programs: Guidelines for Excellence

Professional Development of Environmental Educators: Guidelines for Excellence

K-12 Environmental Education: Guidelines for Excellence

Remember the Rainforest

Today in Conservation

Por Qué Es Importante la Educación Ambiental

Podcast: The Benefits of a Nature-Based Education

How to Go Owling

World Unity Inc.

Justice in Access to the Outdoors

More >

Join NAAEE’s eePRO community to network with environmental education professionals around the world.
1725 DeSales St. NW
Suite 401
Washington, DC 20036
202-419-0412

This email bulletin is provided by NAAEE under Assistance Agreement No. NT 83695801 awarded by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. It has not been formally reviewed by EPA. The views expressed in this document are solely those of the North American Association for Environmental Education and EPA does not endorse any products or commercial services mentioned in this publication.

unsubscribe from this list   opt-out of all future mailings   forward to friend