NAAEE: eeNEWS for April 15, 2021

lizells...@yahoo.com

Apr 15, 2021, 8:40:20 AM4/15/21
to Liz Ellsworth' via Massachusetts Environmental Education Society

eeNEWS: The latest news, resources, and opportunities in the ee community Email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.
eeNEWS

The latest news, resources, and opportunities in the EE community

Subscribe  |  Join NAAEE
eePRO Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Instgram YouTube

NAAEE 2021 Call for Presentations Is Open!

Submission Deadline: May 7

We are excited to announce our Call for Presentations for NAAEE’s 50th Annual International Conference and 18th Research Symposium in October. We are gathering virtually, after hearing everyone’s concerns about both safety and costs, and we are looking for compelling proposals. Learn more and submit proposals at conference.naaee.org

Get Ready for Earth Day 2021

Check out free resources from NAAEE and our partners to help celebrate Earth Day!

Read more >

We Need Your Input: What Role Does Civic Engagement Play in EE?

NAAEE is working with Professors Bob Powell (Clemson) and Marc Stern (Virginia Tech) to disseminate a survey about the appropriateness and use of different approaches to civic engagement. The results will inform future training focused on these techniques and approaches.

Read more >

Blog Post Submission Guidelines

We welcome new and engaging voices in EE! Learn how to submit a blog post to our eePRO online community and share with environmental educators around the world.

Read more >

The Nature of Change

This past year hasn't been an easy one for many reasons. Periods of change often occur during some of our darkest moments. How can change be a catalyst for growth?

Read more >

Getting Your Board on Board with Fundraising

As a part of our new Affiliate Network Professional Development Webinar Series, Lauren Pyle and Chelsea Sloggy from Environmental Educators of North Carolina shared how to engage your board in fundraising strategies. Watch the recording.

Read more >

The 2020 Taiwan-US Eco-Campus Partnership Program Award Ceremony

Read about the 2020 Taiwan-US Eco-Campus Partnership Program Award Ceremony held on December 2, 2020 to recognize schools that received eco-campus awards in 2020. A cooperative effort between Taiwan and the United States, the program enhanced students’ observation skills, knowledge, and action.

Read more >

Grow bags with young kale. St. Sabina buildings in background.

Histories for EE in Chicago, Illinois

Learn about the history of access to EE and nature for Black Chicagoans. This is one intimate look, but one among thousands that are frequently forgotten in lived experience. How can we, as environmental educators, better share the histories of landscapes?

Read more >

Natural Words of Lady Bird Johnson

Lady Bird Johnson's efforts were an absolute and profound reflection on her love for the natural world. CBS Sunday Morning had a segment about her good work. Many of her thoughts, recorded while she was in the White House, are being published in a book Lady Bird Johnson: Hiding in Plain Sight by Julia Sweig.

Read more >

Sunny day on the Florida Gulf Coast University campus

Staying Engaged from Afar, an eeBLUE Watershed Chronicle

This month, Dr. Jennifer Jones and Dr. Heather Skaza Acosta share how the Watershed Education for Resilience in Southwest Florida (WATERS) program at Florida Gulf Coast University has adapted to COVID-19 by creating a hybrid model reflecting online learning for students and teachers, as well as onsite training.

Read more >

UNESCO Global Survey of Teachers

UNESCO invites primary and/or secondary school teachers around the world to complete this survey about their experiences, practices, and needs regarding education for sustainable development and global citizenship education.

Read more >

NAAEE Celebrates 50 Years!

It's NAAEE's 50th Anniversary and we are celebrating! Join us throughout the year as we reflect on where we’ve been and where we’re going.

More >

NEW! eeWORKS: The Impact of EE on Conservation & Environmental Quality

From anecdotes to evidence, we are demonstrating how EE leads to conservation outcomes.

More >

EE 30 Under 30 Nominations Now Open!

Apply by May 5. NAAEE has opened the search to find 30 game-changing leaders under 30 years of age who are using environmental education to build a sustainable future for all.

More >

Apply for New CEE-Change Fellowship Program

Apply by May 17. CEE-Change Fellowship Program will bring together a diverse and inspiring cadre of formal and nonformal educators and community leaders working to address today’s complex environmental and social concerns at the local, state, and national levels.

More >

From the eePRO Community

  LEARNING

Professional Development

How to Host a Youth Climate Summit

Climate Action Through Art: Out of Apathy and into Action

The Earth Is My Boss: Virtual Conservation Career Day

Tell the Economic Story of Your National and State Parks & Heritage Areas

Outdoor Recreation Roadmap: A Community-Led Approach to Leveraging Your Natural Assets for Economic Success and Local Renewal

Moving Field Guide: A Kinesthetic Approach to Environmental Education

More >

  OPPORTUNITIES

Grants, Contests, Publishing

Earth Day Expo: Enhancing Climate Conversations

DC Environmental Film Festival

We Shall Breathe Summit

The Future Is Summit

#BlackinEnvironment Week

National EE Week Twitter Chat

Dream BIG for Earth Day

Increasing Representation in the Natural World-Teacher Professional Learning Opportunity

A Week of Games

2021 Eddie Bauer One Outside Film Grant

Mid-Atlantic Climate Change Education Conference 2021

More >

  RESOURCES

For Students and Educators

Earth Day 2021

EarthX Earth Day Xpeditions

Drawing Comics About Nature with Danica Novgorodoff

Association of Minority Zoo Professionals

Climate Solutions 101

Why We Won’t Just Leave Virtual Exhibition

Survive the Sound Classroom Toolkit

Work Out Your Wild Side

Her STEMlens Virtual Exhibition

The Time to Act is Now: Urbana Park District Addresses Climate Change

More >

Join NAAEE’s eePRO community to network with environmental education professionals around the world.
1725 DeSales St. NW
Suite 401
Washington, DC 20036
202-419-0412

This email bulletin is provided by NAAEE under Assistance Agreement No. NT 83695801 awarded by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. It has not been formally reviewed by EPA. The views expressed in this document are solely those of the North American Association for Environmental Education and EPA does not endorse any products or commercial services mentioned in this publication.

unsubscribe from this list   opt-out of all future mailings   forward to friend