NAAEE: eeNEWS for March 11, 2021

Liz Ellsworth

Mar 11, 2021, 6:33:20 AM3/11/21
to mass...@googlegroups.com

eeNEWS: The latest news, resources, and opportunities in the ee community Email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.
eeNEWS

The latest news, resources, and opportunities in the EE community

Subscribe  |  Join NAAEE
eePRO Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Instgram YouTube

NAAEE 2021 Call for Presentations Opening Soon!

This year, we're celebrating NAAEE's 50th Conference and 18th Research Symposium and it's going to be big! The Call for Presentations will open by the end of March. What will you present? Check out last year's sessions for inspiration; they are available to registered participants for on-demand viewing in Whova until September 2021. Learn more >

oysters on mesh netting with water in background

NEW! eeBLUE Aquaculture Literacy Mini-Grants

Due April 2, 2021

Apply for a mini-grant to partner with informal learning institutions, the aquaculture industry, and NOAA to provide your target audience with resources about aquaculture and its connections to their community.

Read more >

Check Out New and Notable Sessions from Natural Start 2020

Using feedback from conference attendees, the Natural Start Alliance pulled together a list of early childhood EE conference highlights related to themes like equity and inclusion, safety, mental health, and STEAM. The lists include previously unavailable sessions drawn from the NAAEE Annual Conference. Register at a discounted price and access sessions until July 2021!

Read more >

The sun rises at the beach on a cloudy morning over Amelia Island, Florida.

Making Florida Home

During Black History Month, we recognize the inspiration and strength of regional, place-based initiatives that memorialize Black history in nature and relate to this year’s theme, "The Black Family: Representation, Identity, and Diversity." This blog post visits Florida.

Read more >

The vacant farmhouse at BLISS Meadows

Turning Blight to BLISS

BLISS Meadows in Baltimore City is turning empty land into a place for People of Color to safely enjoy and learn about nature in a context that is culturally relevant and responsive.

Read more >

Connecting Thoughts to Nature—Carry On

Read and reflect on the importance of connecting to nature and feel spirited to, "Carry on my sweet survivor, carry on my lonely friend. Don't give up on a dream, don't you let it end," as these song lyrics by Peter, Paul, and Mary suggest.

Read more >

Mindfulness Workshop for Educators

March 16, 6 PM ET: Join the Natural Start Alliance and Alison Cohen, a certified mindfulness instructor, for a one-hour workshop focused on educator wellbeing.

More >

Join Our New eePRO Group: Young and Emerging Professionals!

This group connects and supports people who are new to the field. Engage in discussions on timely topics related to the unique opportunities and challenges of being a young or emerging EE professional, and gain access to the wonderful resources and opportunities that our eePRO platform offers.

More >

Happy 5th Birthday, eePRO!

We’re celebrating five years of advancing EE through eePRO, a free community hub for environmental education professionals.

More >

From the eePRO Community

  LEARNING

Professional Development

How to Tell a More Effective Story About Environmental Education

CWI's Virtual Summer Institute II

CWI's 2021 Virtual Summer Institute I

Tell the Economic Story of Your Farmland Protection and Food System Programs

The Compass to Nature: Teaching in the Outdoor Classroom

Restoration Ecology in Greater Yellowstone

Working Towards Racial Equity in Environmental and Outdoor Science Organizations

Cycle the Rockies: Energy and Climate Change in Montana

More >

  OPPORTUNITIES

Grants, Contests, Publishing

Search for Eagles Field Trip

EE Needs Assessment

Climate Action Academy: Scholarship Opportunity

NOAA Virtual Open House

2021 NOAA Hawaii Bay Watershed Education and Training (B-WET) Grants

2021 EEAO Call for Presenters

Environmental Studies Scholarships

Early Bird Registration Extended for EECOM 21

2021-2022 NOAA New England Bay Watershed Education and Training (B-WET) Funding Opportunity

EEvolve: MEEA 2021 Virtual Conference

Virtual COEEA-CCNR Joint Conference

Connecticut Climate Change Youth Summit

NOW Youth Leadership Award

Student Grant Award

More >

  RESOURCES

For Students and Educators

Wayfinder Society—Online Learning and Action Platform on Plastic Pollution

Oregon Metro Resource Conservation and Recycling Distancing Learning

Project Resilience High School Curriculum

Environmental Literacy Curriculum Connections

Make DIY Fossils with N*Gen

Mapping Migraciones

The #kids2030 Challenge

Science Programs in Costa Rican Primary Education: Relationship Between Risk Management and Climate Change

More >

Join NAAEE’s eePRO community to network with environmental education professionals around the world.
1725 DeSales St. NW
Suite 401
Washington, DC 20036
202-419-0412

This email bulletin is provided by NAAEE under Assistance Agreement No. NT 83695801 awarded by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. It has not been formally reviewed by EPA. The views expressed in this document are solely those of the North American Association for Environmental Education and EPA does not endorse any products or commercial services mentioned in this publication.

unsubscribe from this list   opt-out of all future mailings   forward to friend