NAAEE: eeNEWS for August 5, 2021

Liz Ellsworth

Aug 5, 2021, 7:43:42 AM8/5/21
to mass...@googlegroups.com

eeNEWS: The latest news, resources, and opportunities in the ee community Email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.
eeNEWS

The latest news, resources, and opportunities in the EE community

Subscribe  |  Join NAAEE
eePRO Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Instgram YouTube

2021 Conference and Research Symposium: The Power of Connection

Registration is open!

Join us in October for two weeks of compelling plenary speakers, nearly 400 sessions, and a host of networking opportunities.

It’s our 50th anniversary! #NAAEE2021 will celebrate the power of connection and the restorative role of nature in our lives. We’ll explore how EE is bringing people together to solve our most pressing problems and create more just and sustainable communities.

Tiered pricing is available to help make this online experience accessible to all.

Learn more and register >

A middle school youth dips for macroinvertebrates at a local pond during a family day event held in June 2021. Photo by Kelly Steffen

Urban Watersheds: Adjusting Instruction During COVID-19

An eeBLUE Stem Watershed grantee turns obstacles into opportunities by incorporating aspects of hands-on learning in lessons about ecosystems in students' local neighborhoods.

Read more >

A Curricular Framework for Advancing Circular Economy

Integrate concepts and standards linked to a circular economy into teaching to engage students in the classroom and beyond.

Read more >

Frog peeking out between two dark green leaves.

Funding Opportunities with Summer Deadlines

Check out this list of regional funding opportunities for your next project!

Read more >

Two swallows on a branch.

Pedagogical Principles in EE for Young Children

Experiences in nature offer teachers an opportunity to apply a more holistic approach to early childhood education, starting with children’s senses and intuition.

Read more >

Children working on a model city.

Involving Children in Urban Planning

Introducing young people to civic engagement through real-world examples can set the foundation for future implementation of policies that elevate EE and improve cities.

Read more >

Games as a Tool for Education

Solutions, a board game about climate change, takes a complex global issue and inspires students and teachers to take meaningful action.

Read more >

50th Anniversary Member Spotlight: NAAEE's Past Board Chair Charlotte Clark

"I'm so proud of the wide swath of partners we work with in all sectors, so that long-term, new-comers, and aspiring environmental educators can build knowledge and skills, and learn and teach about how to engage in civic life."

Learn more >

Become a Sustaining Member of NAAEE

Help us foster a new generation of leaders, support and replicate high-quality programs, and center equity in the cause of a more sustainable future for us all.

Learn more >

From the eePRO Community

  LEARNING

Professional Development

Intro to Electric Vehicle Lessons for Schools: Southern California

The Roadtrip Nation Experience: Conservation and Sustainability

NRSM 406/563 Wilderness Planning

eeWORKS: Demonstrating the Power of Environmental Education

More >

  OPPORTUNITIES

Grants, Contests, Publishing

Rethink Outside™ Fellowship

The Next Decade of Climate Leadership at the U.S. Department of Education: An Exchange of Ideas to Inform the Agency’s Climate Adaptation Plan

Local Action, Global Impact: The SDGs in My Neighborhood

32nd Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society for Environmental Education

More >

  RESOURCES

For Students and Educators

Place, Story, and Culture: An Inclusive Approach to Protecting Latino Heritage Sites

Learning About Forests: Outdoor Education Activities for Schools

Do No Harm Guide: Applying Equity Awareness in Data Visualization

Carbon City Zero: World Edition

Scholarships, Grants, and Fellowships That Accept Applications from Non-US Citizens

More >

Join NAAEE’s eePRO community to network with environmental education professionals around the world.
1725 DeSales St. NW
Suite 401
Washington, DC 20036
202-419-0412

This email bulletin is provided by NAAEE under Assistance Agreement No. NT 83695801 awarded by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. It has not been formally reviewed by EPA. The views expressed in this document are solely those of the North American Association for Environmental Education and EPA does not endorse any products or commercial services mentioned in this publication.

unsubscribe from this list   opt-out of all future mailings   forward to friend