NAAEE: eeNEWS for May 13, 2021

Liz Ellsworth

May 13, 2021, 8:31:20 AM5/13/21
to mass...@googlegroups.com

eeNEWS: The latest news, resources, and opportunities in the ee community Email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.
eeNEWS

The latest news, resources, and opportunities in the EE community

Subscribe  |  Join NAAEE
eePRO Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Instgram YouTube

NEW! Join Us for the First Taiwan-US Bilateral Workshop on Climate Education

May 19, 9:00 PM ET and May 27, 9:00 AM ET

Climate change is a responsibility we all must take on, and we can’t do it alone. Hosted by National Taiwan University (NTU) and the Global Environmental Education Partnership (GEEP), you'll hear from climate education experts in Taiwan and the United States.

If you're a climate educator, or a student pursuing climate education for the future, we hope you'll join us for this event! Register >

Washington, DC. at night. The Washington Monument and Jefferson Monuments are illuminated in a warm glow and their reflections bounce of the water.

There's More Time! Call Your Senator for Environmental Education

Immediate Action Requested: Please call your US senators by this Friday, May 14! Healthy increases to EE funding at the EPA and NOAA are on the horizon. We have a limited window to show our support for well-funded EE. Read on for all the information you need (including a sample script) to be successful in this effort.

Read more >

Apply by May 17! CEE-Change logo

New CEE-Change Fellowship Opportunity!

Informational webinar: RECORDED
Application deadline: May 17
Apply for a CEE-Change Fellowship and gain the skills needed to create lasting change in your community. This 18-month program offers an extraordinary opportunity to design and implement a community action project that blends civic engagement and EE. Watch the informational webinar to make the most of your application!

Read more >

We Need Your Input: What Role Does Civic Engagement Play in EE?

Deadline extended to May 15
NAAEE is helping to disseminate a survey for EE instructors, managers, directors, and funders about the appropriateness and use of different approaches to civic engagement. The results will inform future training focused on these techniques and the role of civic engagement in practice.

Read more >

Natural Start Forum: Removing the Gear Barrier

May 20, 12:00 PM ET
This month we are highlighting an essential part of nature-based learning: outdoor gear! Hear stories from providers around the country who’ve removed barriers to accessing quality outdoor gear, creating sustainable models for programs and families.

Read more >

Zachary teaches students in the woods

eePROpel: A Young Professional's Path to an EE Career

As part of the fifth anniversary of the launch of eePRO, NAAEE is featuring EE professionals who have used the platform to connect, collaborate, and learn. Our next story features Zachary Ashbrook, Stewardship Coordinator with the Western New York Land Conservancy, who used eePRO to engage with the environmental education community during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Read more >

Graphic of kids playing on a blue play structure.

Why K–12 Should Feature in America’s National Climate Strategy

Learn why K–12 education is viewed as an urgent partner in addressing climate change in a new report by UndauntedK12, New Buildings Institute, and the Coalition for Climate Education Policy.

Read more >

Light bulb of ideas

eePRO Global Meet Up Report

Read a quick report on what we learned during our eePRO Global Group meet up.

Read more >

50th Anniversary Member Spotlight: NAAEE Board Member Danni Washington

"I believe that the work we're doing today will directly inform the next generation to be the leaders we need to create a society that prioritizes people and the planet."

Watch video >

NAAEE 2021 Proposal Reviewers Needed

Deadline: May 14
NAAEE seeks volunteers to review proposals for the 50th Annual Conference and 18th Annual Research Symposium. Reviewers should have at least five years of experience in the field.

Register >

RFP: Evaluation of EE 30 Under 30 Changemaker Grants Program

Apply by May 21
We are seeking an external evaluator to assess the implementation and outcomes of our EE 30 Under 30 Changemaker Grants program.

More >

RFP: Great Lakes B-WET Resource Creation and Collection

NAAEE and NOAA are seeking a consultant to assess and compile a list of currently available educational resources from Great Lakes B-WET partners and create content for a suite of website platform-ready tools.

More >

From the eePRO Community

  LEARNING

Professional Development

ISC 2021 Summer School—Cognitive Challenges of Climate Change

Summer Institute for Climate Change Education: A Regrounding in Truth

Inspiring Environmental Learning Through Music and Song

A Cli-Fi Book Club for College Educators and Sustainability Advocates

National Geographic Storytelling for Impact

More >

  OPPORTUNITIES

Grants, Contests, Publishing

Break Free from Plastic Pollution Act Webinar

Teaching for Sustainable Communities Teacher Institute

Grassroots Organizing for Social Change

Listen. Lead. Share. Campaign

Fellowship: Transatlantic Exchange of Civic Educators

Virtual Conference for Garden Educators

Climate Action Academy

Virtual Internships with U.S. Forest Service

Yale Environment 360 Video Contest

Bringing Community Science into Classrooms

More >

  RESOURCES

For Students and Educators

Tune into Forests from Around the World

ENTANGLED Documentary

Watermelon Magic

NAAEE Affiliate Network Goals—Summary of Feedback and Report

Follow that Nutrient

Project Learning Tree's Explore Your Environment: K–8 Activity Guide

Understanding and Teaching Global Mining Issues

More >

Join NAAEE’s eePRO community to network with environmental education professionals around the world.
1725 DeSales St. NW
Suite 401
Washington, DC 20036
202-419-0412

This email bulletin is provided by NAAEE under Assistance Agreement No. NT 83695801 awarded by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. It has not been formally reviewed by EPA. The views expressed in this document are solely those of the North American Association for Environmental Education and EPA does not endorse any products or commercial services mentioned in this publication.

unsubscribe from this list   opt-out of all future mailings   forward to friend