Learn with the Wade Institute: Schedule OpenSciEd Professional Learning! Sign up for 2022 Summer Professional Development Institutes!

1 view

Amanda Noble

Mar 29, 2022, 10:42:30 AM3/29/22
to mass...@googlegroups.com

Wade Institute for Science Education

2022 Summer Professional Development Institutes

Save the dates for our 2022 Summer Professional Development Institutes! Join the Wade Institute for Science Education and our collaborating partners for a unique, graduate level course that will engage you in hands-on, minds-on, inquiry-based investigations and increase your STEM content knowledge! Connect with scientists, engineers, and STEM professionals, and work with educators at our collaborating partner institutions to explore real-world phenomena through standards-aligned, hands-on, minds-on investigations that you can bring back to your classroom. Earn PDPs and optional graduate credits.

For Grades 3-8 Educators

PIONEER VALLEY REGION

Rivers to Range: Exploring the Geology of the Pioneer Valley

Dates: July 18th – 22nd, 2022

BERKSHIRE REGION

Investigating Watersheds: From the Mountains to the River Basin

Dates: July 25th – 29th, 2022

For Grades 6-12 Educators

CENTRAL REGION

Nature and Design: Connections Between Science, Engineering, and the Natural World

Dates: July 11th – 15th, 2022

SOUTHEAST REGION

Utilizing Your Local Ecosystems as Laboratories for Investigations

Dates: July 18th – 22nd, 2022

Registration is now open! Learn more at https://www.wadeinstitutema.org/spdi-k12.

Wade Institute for Science Education

OpenSciEd Certified Professional Learning Provider

The Wade Institute for Science Education is an OpenSciEd Certified Professional

Learning Provider! Through our interactive professional learning:

  • explore Phenomena Based Learning and the Anchoring Phenomena Routine

  • align your OpenSciEd units to the Massachusetts Scope and Sequence of Units Recommendation

  • receive both science and pedagogical support provided by Wade Institute for Science Education’s trained educators and our science partners

  • effectively launch OpenSciEd at your school or in your district

  • learn to adapt your existing units to the OpenSciEd model

  • support both teachers and administration in the identification and implementation of OpenSciEd aligned formative and summative assessment

  • dive deep into individual OpenSciEd units

Contact the Wade Institute to arrange professional learning for your school to prepare for an OpenSciEd launch or to deep dive into the units. Learn more at https://www.wadeinstitutema.org/openscied.