Fwd: 🍏 🟩 January Climate Generation Education Events 🟩 🍏

MEES INFO

Jan 8, 2024, 2:30:26 PMJan 8
to mass...@googlegroups.com
CLIMATE CHANGE + CLIMATE JUSTICE VIRTUAL WORKSHOPS

STAY IN TOUCH!
Get EE updates - Join our eNews
Connect with EE professionals - Join our email Listserv
Stay Social - Follow us on FacebookInstagram and LinkedIn

Teach Climate Network Workshop: Decolonizing Climate: Reimagining Environmental Justice and Confronting Imperial Legacies in the Middle East

Wednesday, January 17th, 5pm CT

Register Here

Often when we imagine climate change, we picture the ice caps melting, the oceans rising, and the warming winters in the Midwest. In this workshop, we drive you to reimagine climate change through a decolonial framework. According to the World Bank, the Middle East is the most impacted region in the world by climate change impacts and natural disasters. In this workshop, you will discover how imperialism in the region through structures such as the U.S. Military Industrial Complex has directly caused environmental devastation and human displacement in the region. By the end, you will also discover how you can take action to help address environmental justice in the Middle East region within and beyond the classroom.

TCN Workshops 2023-24 (4).png

Bonus Workshop!

Teach Climate Network Workshop: Engaging Youth Through Climate Storytelling

Thursday, January 11th, 4pm CT

Register Here

What are climate stories? How can they be useful tools for teaching about climate change? What else can we learn through personal climate storytelling? Explore these questions and more in a two hour interactive workshop, "Engaging Youth Through Climate Storytelling.”