Baltimore Checkerspot Life Cycle, video

Garry Kessler

Nov 29, 2021, 12:40:38 PM11/29/21
to mas...@googlegroups.com
Last summer I happened upon a newly emerged Baltimore Checkerspot
chrysalis in the field. I was moments too late to catch it shedding the
caterpillar's skin, but it was still quite interesting and
uncharacteristically, I had the presence of mind to actually try to get
some video of it. Since then I picked up some very capable, free, video
editing s/w (DaVinci Resolve for anyone curious) and compiled a short,
2-minute, video of the butterfly's lifecycle.

So for those like me, in despair of yet another looming winter, here's a
brief reminder of the summer to come.

https://youtu.be/Pj3lASo9o9s

Garry Kessler