Burma Rd (Fowl Meadow), Milton

Mark Rosenstein

Jul 23, 2021, 2:52:57 PM7/23/21
to MassLep
Today I visited Burma Rd, later in the season than I usually go there.
I was curious what it looked like, and hopeful that I might turn up a
Northern Pearly-eye.  I don't recommend going there now.  Mosquitoes
were thicker than I have ever seen before. Using deet kept them off me,
but the cloud around my head obscured my vision.

Eastern Tiger Swallowtail, Papilio glaucus: 1
Pearl Crescent, Phyciodes tharos: 1
Monarch, Danaus plexippus: 1
Appalachian Brown, Lethe appalachia: 1
Broad-winged Skipper, Poanes viator: 1
5 species, 5 individuals

I also stopped by Arnold Arboretum where I walked some of the southern
areas and Bussey Hill. It was a little more interesting (and less buggy).

Black Swallowtail, Papilio polyxenes: 2
Cabbage White, Pieris rapae: 18
Clouded Sulphur, Colias philodice: 2
Summer Azure, Celastrina neglecta: 2
Great Spangled Fritillary, Speyeria cybele: 1
Pearl Crescent, Phyciodes tharos: 2
Red Admiral, Vanessa atalanta: 1
Monarch, Danaus plexippus: 3
Little Wood-satyr, Megisto cymela: 2
Silver-spotted Skipper, Epargyreus clarus: 1
Least Skipper, Ancyloxypha numitor: 1

11 species, 35 individuals

-Mark Rosenstein
 m...@actwin.com