historical mass Monarch migration from Brian Cassie

Tom Murray

Jun 22, 2022, 8:25:17 PM6/22/22
to Masslep
    I have just seen a reference, in the first issue of the newsletter of The Xerces Society, to a fall 1973 sighting of 100,000 Monarchs one day at Eastern Point, Gloucester. This is the largest flight ever recorded in MA, I think, and many, many times larger than any flight seen here in the past few decades. I have given away almost all of my lep journals and so I am sharing this information and asking if anyone out there knows any details of this sighting. Thank you.
Brian Cassie, Foxboro        founder, MA Butterfly Club