Cercyonis pegala genomics project - request for specimens

Cas Carroll

Aug 8, 2022, 4:08:29 PM8/8/22
to MassLep
Hello,

I am a Ph.D. student at the University of Nevada, Reno working with Dr. Matt Forister. I am reaching out because some members of your listserv may be interested in participating in collecting for one of my projects. As part of my dissertation work, I am building a collection of Cercyonis pegala specimens for genomic work in order to understand population structure and gene flow among the many subspecies. We have good coverage of the Great Basin, so we're looking for collections from other parts of the country (in particular eastern states). Our target is 10-20 individual C. pegala adults from any given location. If you are interested, please send me an email at casca...@nevada.unr.edu for more information. Please feel free to share among other east-coast based butterfly and insect listservs. Thank you.

Best,
Cas Carroll