v3 schedules API does not work before 6am

Eric Hynds

Apr 18, 2018, 6:09:00 AM4/18/18
to MBTA Developers
This is a weird one, but I noticed that the schedules API does not work before 6am. All calls eventually timeout while waiting for a response. I started noticing this on Monday.

Example call: http://api-v3.mbta.com/schedules?api_key=XXXXXX&filter[route]=CR-Worcester

Developer at MBTA

Apr 18, 2018, 9:49:46 AM4/18/18
to MBTA Developers
Hi Eric,

It looks like the API calls you're making have two additional parameters: "timeout" and "gzip". Is it possible that they're meant as parameters to your HTTP client?

thanks,
developer@mbta

Eric Hynds

Apr 18, 2018, 10:40:32 AM4/18/18
to MBTA Developers
Thanks, yes those were supposed to be HTTP client options and not query parameters! That should be fixed now.

However, I wasn't able to access the schedule route through Chrome this morning either.

Developer at MBTA

Apr 18, 2018, 10:56:12 AM4/18/18
to MBTA Developers
Hi Eric,

API V3 is not provided over insecure HTTP, only over HTTPS.

thanks,
developer@mbta

Eric Hynds

Apr 18, 2018, 11:00:49 AM4/18/18
to MBTA Developers
Well that would certainly explain it. Thanks!

Eric Hynds

Apr 19, 2018, 5:52:06 AM4/19/18
to MBTA Developers
OK, I think I got to the bottom of it. This may be me misunderstanding how the min_time filter works, but a min_time of 02:00 or 03:00 returns no data for every line.

No data: https://api-v3.mbta.com/schedules/?filter[route]=CR-Worcester&filter[min_time]=3:00
Data: https://api-v3.mbta.com/schedules/?filter[route]=CR-Worcester&filter[min_time]=4:00

Developer at MBTA

Apr 23, 2018, 11:22:23 AM4/23/18
to MBTA Developers
Hi Eric,

That was a bug in the API: it's since been resolved.

Thanks,
developer@mbta

Eric Hynds

Apr 23, 2018, 8:22:21 PM4/23/18