How to determine the correct stop_id based on stop name

Masakazu Yasumoto

Apr 9, 2023, 11:02:30 AM4/9/23
to MBTA Developers
Hello,

There are two stop_ids for the same bus station for inbound and outbound. How would I go about finding which one is the correct stop_ids based on stop names at the starting station and the destination (instead of trying every single combination of stop_ids with the given names to see if they are in the same direction and also the direction that I want)?

I was able to use the parent stations for train stop_ids with the same station name but the bus stops don't seem to have that.

Thank you for your help!

Masa