Josh was good enough to write up an agenda for the meeting tomorrow
evening; you can find it at http://docs.google.com/View?id=dfd3snf_221z8vpx4g3
or at the end of this post. There's also a Facebook event you should
feel free to spread around or link to and invite people whom you think
would be interested: http://bit.ly/K4Mm5
Please make suggestions for amendments or additions, and be sure to
bring your questions and thoughts to the meeting tomorrow at 6PM. If
anyone has dietary preferences (vegan, vegetarian, gluten intolerance,
etc.) let Josh know as soon as possible at
See you guys tomorrow @ 6PM @ the LivableStreets alliance. If any of
you have difficulty finding the location, give me a call at
# EOT Developer Meeting -- August 4, 2009
+ EOT Introduction -- Josh :: Who we are, what data we have access to,
and what this project is about.
- Group introductions
- EOT’s ask of the developer community
* open conversation, honesty
* understanding of limitations due to budget and resource
* We want you to leverage our data to build interesting
applications that help people.
- What data does EOT have?
+ For now, most data is static data
+ Our goal is real time data on highway, transit, and RMV
+ Getting to real time: Demonstrate to EOT/MBTA senior managers
and stakeholders that developers are willing to build useful
applications with our data.
+ Draft Principles Governing this Relationship (Next Page)
+ Review of DRAFT Terms of Service
+ How would you like to see this effort organized? How do you think
EOT should communicate with this group and future developers?
+ Application Idea Discussion
- With current data
- With data we might be able to release in the future?
- Developers Conference this fall
* What should this look like?
* Where should it be held (EOT, part of a larger conference,
## Contact Info
+ Joshua Robin
+ Twitter: @MassDOTdev
+ Google Group: http://groups.google.com/group/massdotdevelopers
## DRAFT EOT + Developers – Relationship Principles
+ Don't abuse our data or our resources
- Doing so defeats our mission long term
- We are looking to develop an API in the future – What might an API
for EOT Developers look like?
- Let us know if you have questions when possible before a problem
occurs relating to our data. e.g. refresh rates on data.
+ We want people to be successful building applications
- Don't forget point number one.
- Benefiting from your work is fine with us.
- Building applications does not increase the likelihood you will be
awarded a contract by EOT now or in the future.
+ This is an experiment.
- That means things can change, and probably will.
- We will do the best we can to work with you – but EOT and state
government are at times a volatile environment
- You with us: we will be as open and honest as we can be
- Us with you: We are doing this in a new way and through a new type
- Tell us how we can do better, e.g. better use of Twitter or our