First draft for Mason specification is now ready

Jørn Wildt

Feb 4, 2014, 4:14:09 PM2/4/14
to mason-me...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks

Thanks for taking your time to register with this mailing list.

I have now completed a first draft for the Mason media type. It can be found here: https://github.com/JornWildt/Mason/blob/master/Documentation/Mason-draft-1.md. I have also submitted an application for "application/vnd.mason+json" to the IANA media type registry.

There is though one thing left undefined: Whether or not the "template" property of an action MUST be respected by a client, or MAY be used by a client. See GitHub issue #1 (https://github.com/JornWildt/Mason/issues/1).

The next steps are mostly related to improving the online example service (https://github.com/JornWildt/Mason/wiki/Example-service%3A-issue-tracker) and generic client (https://github.com/JornWildt/Mason/wiki/Generic-Mason-browser). After that I got a lot of blog posts and explanations to write :-)

Questions and comments are of course most welcome.

Kind regards, Jørn