Social Graph/XFN API

frankie roberto

Apr 24, 2008, 12:04:00 PM4/24/08
to mashed...@googlegroups.com
This is a few months old now, but I'm just having a play with it:

http://code.google.com/apis/socialgraph/

Pretty cool. Specify <a href="" rel="me"></a> links on your blog to
your profile on other web2.0 sites and
http://socialgraph-resources.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/samples/findyours.html
will be able to find all the connections...

Frankie

Jim O'Donnell

Apr 24, 2008, 12:12:33 PM4/24/08
to mashed...@googlegroups.com
>Pretty cool. Specify <a href="" rel="me"></a> links on your blog to
>your profile on other web2.0 sites and
>http://socialgraph-resources.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/samples/f
>indyours.html
>will be able to find all the connections...

There was some discussion of this on the microformats list, where it was mentioned that it uses Google's cache, rather than spidering the URL that you give it. It might not work for stuff that's staged, or on development servers hidden from googlebot.

I wrote down some ideas on using the social graph and tagging with manuscripts, but haven't had time to try anything out yet.
http://eatyourgreens.org.uk/archives/2008/01/microformats_an_1.html

Jim

This message has been scanned for malware by WebSense Mailcontrol for the National Maritime Museum, Greenwich