Open Museum Symposium at PICNIC '08

1 view

Juha van 't Zelfde

Jul 15, 2008, 4:35:08 AM7/15/08
to Mashed Museum
Hi everyone,

greetings from cloudy Amsterdam. I wanted to announce our little
symposium 'Open Museum' on 25 September at the PICNIC Festival in
Amsterdam. This will be a one day coming together of people from
within and without the museosphere, talking about opening up of our
institutions by means of new ideas, media and infrastructures, and
focussing on the enveloping dialogue with its visitors and audience.
More information about PICNIC can be found at www.picnicnetwork.org.
The symposium is organised by the Amsterdam Museum Night foundation,
on behalf of the Amsterdam museums.

I am working on the line up at this moment, will share this with you
when I know more.

Best,
Juha

Ridge, Mia

Jul 15, 2008, 6:20:10 AM7/15/08
to mashed...@googlegroups.com
Juha wrote:

That looks amazing! When you get a chance I'd love to know if there is
any way we could participate or follow the sessions remotely.

cheers, Mia

Mia Ridge
Database Developer, Museum Systems Team
Museum of London Group
46 Eagle Wharf Road
London. N1 7ED
Tel: 020 7410 2205 / 020 7814 5723
Fax: 020 7600 1058
Email: mri...@museumoflondon.org.uk
www.museumoflondon.org.uk
Museum of London is changing. Visit www.museumoflondon.org.uk to find out more.
Explore how the Great Fire shaped the city www.museumoflondon.org.uk/londonsburning
Jack the Ripper and the East End a major new exhibition at Museum in Docklands, opens 15 May
Before printing, please think about the environment

Juha van 't Zelfde

Jul 15, 2008, 8:25:48 AM7/15/08
to Mashed Museum
Hi Mia,

thanks for the enthusiasm. We will most likely stream the event, but
you can also decide to fly over for this. I will keep you posted here.

Juha
> Museum of London is changing. Visitwww.museumoflondon.org.ukto find out more.

Mikkel T

Jul 17, 2008, 8:46:23 AM7/17/08
to Mashed Museum
Sounds alos very interesting to me. I will post this on our danish
blog for digital media and museums. Hej from a windy copenhagen

Mikkel

Juha van 't Zelfde

Aug 15, 2008, 5:10:52 AM8/15/08
to Mashed Museum
Hi Mikkel,

that is great, thanks. Here is the link with the first information
about the day:
http://www.picnicnetwork.org/page/22306/en

Please let me know if anyone from here is coming, it would be nice to
start a pre-discussion. I will announce speakers very soon.

Juha