Málstofa í stærðfræði Í DAG: Anna Pachol

Stefán Valdimarsson

Sep 1, 2011, 7:48:22 AM9/1/11
to mas-is
Ég minni á málstofuna í dag.

Athugið að þessi málstofa er á FIMMTUDEGI

Dagsetning: Fimmtudagur 1. september 2011 kl 3.

Staður: VRII herbergi 157.

Fyrirlesari: Anna Pachol, Wrochlaw og Háskóla Íslands

Titill: Kappa- Minkowski spacetime: mathematical formalism and applications in Planck scale physics

Ágrip: One of the open problems of theoretical physics nowadays is the search for fundamental theory describing Planck scale, commonly known as Quantum Gravity theory. One of the approaches is to consider noncommutative spacetimes as the effective description of Planck scale physics, particularly the description of geometry from the quantum mechanical point of view. One of the types of noncommutative spacetime is when coordinates satisfy the Lie algebra type commutation relations. Such deformation was inspired by the kappa-deformed Poincare algebra as deformed symmetry for the kappa-Minkowski spacetime. In my seminar I will introduce mathematical description for kappa-Minkowski spacetime within quantum groups framework and also some of its applications in certain modification of special relativity, the so-called deformed (or doubly) special relativity (DSR), and some results concerning time delays for photons coming from Gamma Ray Bursts (GRBs).