My free escape room, Moonbase 42, made in Marzipano

Joost

Feb 13, 2024, 9:19:18 AMFeb 13
to marzipano
Hi,

Today I'm publishing my new Escape Room which I have made in Marzipano.
The Escape Room is completely free, no registration needed, and can be found via my website: www.districteastgames.com/moon.
The page holds a picture leading players to a dedicated website where you play it.

The Escape Room is played in Chrome/Firefox/Edge on a PC or Laptop. So not for mobile/tablet.

Please let me know what you think about it!

greetings,
Joost

Reuben Pillay

Feb 13, 2024, 12:43:43 PMFeb 13
to marz...@googlegroups.com

Hello Joost,

I haven’t checked it out yet, but I know this has been years in the making!

So, Congratulations!!!!!!

Will check it out soon!

Cheers,

Reuen

Joost

Feb 13, 2024, 1:11:50 PMFeb 13
to marz...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Rueben,

Indeed it has taken some time to make this last year. Roughly 80-100 hours. I'm happy with the results!
My first two escape rooms will be translated from Dutch to English soon as well!

Next Escape Room on the way!

greetings,
Joost

ivanv...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2024, 11:24:22 AMFeb 15
to marzipano
Hi Joost,

you've done a very good game! I'm thinking to do something similar with my students (I'm a computer science teacher).
Thanks for sharing!

BTW: how do you generated the 360° image of the base? I'm experimenting with AI generated images (for example https://skybox.blockadelabs.com/4bf79f69b1f725a8e81080e8a541aee4 ) but I don't know how to generate different viewing angles of the same image).

Ivan

Joost

Feb 15, 2024, 1:12:04 PMFeb 15
to marzipano
Hello Ivan,

Thanks!

I use Unity3D, a free game development tool, to create my scene with various props. This tool offers a standard plugin with which I can take/export 360 screenshots on differents spots. From then I use Marzipano to create the tour. Then a lot of coding to create the escape room itself.

Greetings,
Joost