Browsing your project offline

Sky Mind

Aug 27, 2023, 9:10:47 AM8/27/23
to marzipano
Hello everyone,

I've created a virtual tour on Marzipano and exported the project. When I try to view the index.html on my computer the images doesn't load in the browser.

Meanwhile, when I host the project on my server, everything's working fine.

Do you guys have any idea why this is not working when I try locally and if there's a solution or if it's even possible to view it locally?

Best regards!

Erik Krause

Aug 27, 2023, 3:00:11 PM8/27/23
to marz...@googlegroups.com
Browsers do not generally allow web pages to interact with the
client-side file system as a security measure. You would need to install
a web server to view your tour locally.

--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de

Tyler Voigt

Jan 21, 2024, 10:57:18 PMJan 21
to marzipano
Hi Sky Mind,

I'm a bit late to the party however I found that adding "--allow-file-access-from-files" at the end of my google chrome shortcut tends to work.

The target of the Google Chrome shortcut should be something along the lines of this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --allow-file-access-from-files