The Peak View March 25th, 2024 Correction

Rose Young

Mar 25, 2024, 11:20:11 PMMar 25
to marys-pe...@googlegroups.com
The Peak View
Marys Peak Group - Sierra Club
P.O Box 863, Corvallis, OR 97339

March 25th, 2024

Correction: The April 9th hike should be called the Mulkey Creek Wildflower Walk instead of Vineyard Mountain.
The corrected listing:

Tuesday April 9th - Mulkey Creek Wildflower Walk

9:00 am - 1:00 pm

Distance: 4.5 miles

Elevation gain: 580 feet

Difficulty: Moderate

Pace: Slow

Registration required! Contact the outing leader to reserve a spot and obtain further details. Leader: Mary Beth Downesmbcd...@gmail.com

The trail along Mulkey Creek is full of trillium, fawn lilies, snow queen, bleeding hearts, Oregon grape, hound's tooth, iris and others. Some are blooming and some are ready to bloom. Mulkey Creek is a 4.5 mile hike off of Oak Creek Road parking lot. The trail is flat at the beginning but after crossing the Mulkey Creek, it begins to climb. At the top are some benches and beautiful views. Towards the halfway point you can see open fields of the Oak Restoration areas.

Bring your cameras and your knowledge of local wildflowers since I'm no expert. There will be many opportunities for photos of the flowers and the sweeping views. Wear clothing appropriate for the weather. At this time of year rain gear may be necessary. The path is gravel and packed dirt, so you'll want to wear comfortable and sturdy shoes. Bring water and a snack or lunch. Poles are suggested if it's a muddy day.The pace will be slow with frequent stops.

Parking is very limited at this trailhead so we will have a meeting place and carpooling. The number of hikers will be limited.