Fwd: [marxism-thaxis] Up and running

Charles Brown

Sep 24, 2014, 8:21:11 AM9/24/14
to marxist-debate, lbo-talk, pen-l, a-l...@lists.riseup.net
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jim Farmelant <farme...@juno.com>
Date: Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 7:18 PM
Subject: [marxism-thaxis] Up and running
To: marxism...@lists.riseup.net, Hans G Ehrbar <ehr...@economics.utah.edu>

Well, it looks like that this list is up and running again after a hiatus of
several months. As probably many of you are aware our hosting at the
University of Utah servers came to an end at the end of May. But I have
decided that while this has generally been a low volume list, we've had some
worthwhile discussions from time to time. Hans Ehrbar, who for something
like sixteen years, presided over the care of this and other lists on the
University of Utah servers kindly provided me with the subscription list and
the list archives, going back to 1998. I have had no problems resubscribing
people to this list at the new host site, but unfortunately, I cannot import
the archives from the old site into the archives on the new host site. If
anybody knows of a place where I can upload the old archives so that they
will be available to subscribers to this list that would be most greatly
appreciated. The old archives are in the from mbox files. So anyplace where
the old archives might be uploaded must support the importation of mbox
files.

Meanwhile, I would like to thank Hans Ehbar for having spent many years
caring for this and other progressives at the University of Utah. He was
always very prompt at answering questions and providing tech support. And I
would like to thank the volunteers at www.riseup.net. They provide free
hosting to hundreds of different progressive-oriented discussion lists.
Needless to say donations to them are greatly appreciated.

I think that's about it for now.

Jim Farmelant - Moderator/List Owner of Marxism-Thaxis
http://independent.academia.edu/JimFarmelant
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimfarmelant
www.foxymath.com
Learn or Review Basic Math