The desktop version does not turn on | Hammerhead

l3ns

Jan 2, 2022, 3:05:18 AM1/2/22
to Maru OS
Hello everyone

I did everything according to the instructions. Everything works, except for displaying on a large monitor. I connected it using a docking station with Aliexpress (https://aliexpress.ru/item/1005003391156272.html?spm=a2g39.orderlist.0.0.63014aa6TlEH8r).
I have connected the keyboard and mouse also via the docking station and not via bluetooth, could this be the problem? Do you need to connect the keyboard and mouse via bluetooth? Does the OS not see them and won't turn on on the big screen?

help me please

utz...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2022, 11:08:24 AM1/2/22
to Maru OS
Hi l3ns,

Which Maru version do you use? I think MaruOS 0.6 will work with all external input, including your keyboard and mouse.

What do you mean "except for displaying on a large monitor"? If you connect your monitor with HDMI or related thing, I think MaruOS can fit its size. Which resolution of your monitor?

l3ns

Jan 2, 2022, 5:47:50 PM1/2/22
to Maru OS
Incorrectly expressed, I'm sorry
I have a monitor with a resolution of 1920 x 1080

The wires and the docking station are all working, I connected the Samsung S8 through all this and the Samsung DEX starts without any problems.

When I connect the docking station to the nexus, then nothing happens, and also if you turn on the desktop maruOS in the settings, nothing happens.

воскресенье, 2 января 2022 г. в 21:08:24 UTC+5, utz...@gmail.com:

utz...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2022, 3:24:29 AM1/3/22
to Maru OS
> I have a monitor with a resolution of 1920 x 1080

I can confirm that MaruOS works with resolution 1920x1080. So your monitor can work with MaruOS.

> When I connect the docking station to the nexus, then nothing happens, and also if you turn on the desktop maruOS in the settings, nothing happens.

Do you mean MaruOS doesn't show Linux on external monitor when you connect your external monitor with your Google nexus phone by docking station? I think nexus device supported by MaruOS don't support wires connection for external monitor. There is a method to check whether MaruOS works correctly on your nexus device: enabling Developer Options of your nexus device, and enable a simulated display with 720p or 1080p resolution from Developer Options, and MaruOS will show Linux on your simulated display on default screen if MaruOS works correctly on your nexus device. If I misunderstand your meaning of nexus, please explain it.

Thanks.

l3ns

Jan 3, 2022, 4:02:26 AM1/3/22
to Maru OS
By the way, I checked what is started in another way - VNC.
Your way of checking the software is easier, thanks))
I will take SlimPort and try with it.

Thanks for the help!
понедельник, 3 января 2022 г. в 13:24:29 UTC+5, utz...@gmail.com:

l3ns

Jan 7, 2022, 11:01:32 AM1/7/22
to Maru OS
Problem solved
I bought a slim port and it worked.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year comrades!

понедельник, 3 января 2022 г. в 14:02:26 UTC+5, l3ns:

Preetam D'Souza

Mar 6, 2022, 10:43:11 AM3/6/22
to Maru OS
On Friday, January 7, 2022 at 11:01:32 AM UTC-5 l3ns wrote:
Problem solved
I bought a slim port and it worked.

Awesome, great to hear. Thanks for using Maru!