Announcing a release candidate for Marpa::R2 6.000000

Jeffrey Kegler

Nov 26, 2018, 2:07:13 PM11/26/18
to marpa-...@googlegroups.com
I have released Marpa::R2 5.045_000: https://metacpan.org/release/JKEGL/Marpa-R2-5.045_000 .  This is a release candidate for Marpa::R2 6.000000, so you may want to test it in advance.  Testing looks excellent, but you never know.  :-)

The major value added is better error messages and documentation.  Marpa::R2 is stable, and I'd held off on making an indexed release of these improvements.  But I've been "eating my own cooking" a lot recently -- using Marpa::R2 for large parsers.  And this has convinced me that the small improvements in some of the error messages can have big effects on the user experience, enough to justify a new release of even a stable module.

Thanks, jeffrey